IVS Pixel Count Setting

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've had IVS Tripwire notification setup for a while and all seems to work fine. However I've noticed a setting on the camera IVS page called "Pixel Counter". Can anyone explain what this is and how to use it?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've had IVS Tripwire notification setup for a while and all seems to work fine. However I've noticed a setting on the camera IVS page called "Pixel Counter". Can anyone explain what this is and how to use it?
I had been wondering this as well.
I find it mentioned on pages 86 and 87 of this manual: https://dahuasecurity.s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/uploads/soft/20190723/Dahua-Network-Camera-Web3.0-Operation-Manual_V1.0.614.pdf
But, the wording is confusing. If anyone can decipher it, please share.

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In my understanding, this just a "tool" for measuring. If you want to know for example how many pixels a person or other object has in a specific area, you can draw a pixel counter box in the preview image.

After that, you can setup the IVS rule detection rectangle to the minimal and maximum pixels. If a person in the image counts lets say 50 x 300 pixels, and if that is the minimum you want it to detect, you can set that minimal detection box to 50 x 300 pixels. The maximum detection box, you would then set to a bigger pixel count.

It is just a measuring tool.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In my understanding, this just a "tool" for measuring. If you want to know for example how many pixels a person or other object has in a specific area, you can draw a pixel counter box in the preview image.

After that, you can setup the IVS rule detection rectangle to the minimal and maximum pixels. If a person in the image counts lets say 50 x 300 pixels, and if that is the minimum you want it to detect, you can set that minimal detection box to 50 x 300 pixels. The maximum detection box, you would then set to a bigger pixel count.

It is just a measuring tool.
Thank you @SkyLake, I thought as much, but never could find a real explanation.

Do you happen to know how to correctly use the Global Setup tab?

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ahhhh, my bad :)

But sorry again, as i cannot be of any help on that question, because i don't have any AI cam unfortunately.

I'm hoping to hop on the bandwagon for AI cams anywhere soon.