IVS precludes motion detect on Dahua NVR??

drrich1101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am having a heck of a time with my new NVR, and setting up the cameras etc.
This time around, I am recording 24/7/364**(not on groundhogs day) on all of my cameras, but in order to find "events" rather than just hours of useless footage, I wanted to set up motion detect, and or IVS.

The problem is, I have tried multiple times to set up the IVS, which I read on this forum is more reliable with less false activations, and it's just not working. When I go back into the playback mode, there are no IVS events, and either no motion events, or hundreds- based upon the sensitivity I have chosen.

When I set up IVS, and then go to choose motion as well, I cannot choose the area for motion (the place where you block out and choose motion areas), therefore I assumed that once I set up a tripwire, I cannot set up motion also.

Does anyone have a recommendation for settings that might work in order to minimize false positives, yet capture something which should be simple, such as my car entering my driveway. Tripwire set up, yet there are no IVS events.

First I create an IVS by clicking the "+" lets say "tripwire" Then I use the largest object size as max, and smallest object size as minimum, then I draw the lines, so it looks good to go......then....no events!

anyone please??

thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi ddrich1101, if you look at the different channels (eg your mailboxcam), and the associated IVS setup, you can select whether (or not) your NVR has to "record", "snapshot", "log", "email", "beep" and other tasks. Did you check any of these options? Otherwise IVS won't work. If you want an "easier" interface to configure these IVS things, have a look at installing SmartPSS.

Hope this helps!
CC

drrich1101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi ddrich1101, if you look at the different channels (eg your mailboxcam), and the associated IVS setup, you can select whether (or not) your NVR has to "record", "snapshot", "log", "email", "beep" and other tasks. Did you check any of these options? Otherwise IVS won't work. If you want an "easier" interface to configure these IVS things, have a look at installing SmartPSS.
I've been playing with ivs all day. I've gotten. It to function, but again, even though I also enabled motion on all cams and nvr, when I search by motion, there are zero files.
This is going to sound stupid, but when I select the entire image with either red or yellow in motion detection, am I masking out that entire area, or am I enabling motion in that red area?
The reason I care is because if I want to check from my cell phone, the app only has the ability to search by motion, no ivs. So if I'm out and want to check for a delivery, all I have is 8 hours of all-record footage. Arrgh

drrich1101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. That is what I had assumed, but thought maybe that was my answer.
I think the problem is with my app. I downloaded gdmss plus from google play and use it on my s9+ when I’m not home. Live view is fine, but when I search for motion detected areas, I get no results from the search, even though ivs clips were recorded. Oh well.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. That is what I had assumed, but thought maybe that was my answer.
I think the problem is with my app. I downloaded gdmss plus from google play and use it on my s9+ when I’m not home. Live view is fine, but when I search for motion detected areas, I get no results from the search, even though ivs clips were recorded. Oh well.
I have the same on both iDMSS and gDMSS: search does only work with me on the 24/7 footage streams, HOWEVER IVS/MoDect clips ARE colored differently, so I can skip to those sections (visually that is).
So when you do your query on "all footage", do you see red/orange/green stuff?

drrich1101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, all I see is solid green. I've tried ticking and not ticking all the options in the Dmss software.
It's just solid blue, so no way for me to search exactly which apps do you use?
I'm using "gdmss plus"
Maybe that's the issue

Thanks for the response again!

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
No, all I see is solid green. I've tried ticking and not ticking all the options in the Dmss software.
It's just solid blue, so no way for me to search exactly which apps do you use?
I'm using "gdmss plus"
Maybe that's the issue
I'm using gDMSS plus on my android stuff, and iDMSS plus on my iOS stuff, but it's basically the same.

Can you please, as suggested by @tigerwillow1 in post IVS precludes motion detect on Dahua NVR??, paste a screenshot of your current "storage-schedule"?

Thank you!
CC

drrich1101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didnt see those requests but sure. Gonna have to get to nvr since cant do it on the phone, and, my android security settings somehow dont allow me to take screen shots of the app

drrich1101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You know what? While I was checking and taking pix, I saw that a couple of zones had no area is selected at all for motion detect. It is possible when I did i v s a pundit my motion detect areas?? I always try to apply and then save. I would bet that's the problem. I just highlighted the entire camera view so we will see. Thank you for asking me to do that it may have solved my problem

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Looking Good!

And while you're at it, click on Camera, then enter the IVS screens, post screenshot of the "IVS Enabled" and "Record" settings there?

Thanks!
CC