IVS problems on Algorithm Version 1.0.2

amc59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Recently I update the fw on two cameras (IPC-HFW3241E-SA) placed on different position: one is looking on a courtyardplaceed at about 5 mt height, while the other one is looking on a narrow lane, placed on a wall at 6 mt height. Of course, before the upgrade, Algorithm Version was 1.0.0 (you can see it in web interface at Information->Version) and IVS was set (tripwire) and perfectly working on both cameras.
After the upgrade, Algorithm Version has changed to 1.0.2 and IVS on camera on the narrow lane (top view), stops working: no more IVS event at all. I tried to roll back the fw and IVS was working again. Reapplying the upgrade, IVS fails again...

Camera is IPC-HFW3241E-SA, the old fw (IVS warking) was DH_IPC-HX3XXX-Leo_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.7.R.191130 while the new one is DH_IPC-HX3XXX-Leo_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.21.R.201124

I already noticed some minor IVS problems, on other camera model, in the case of Algorithm upgrade.

Dahua stated they optimized IVS algorithm in order to avoid false alarms but it seem that, in some situations, there are no more alarms...

Anyone already experienced something like this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are experiencing what many of us preach - don't fix what ain't broke. If the camera is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need. A Z12E that someone updated and then constantly rebooted, and a certain PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind.

I would suggest trying to find an older firmware and revert back.

amc59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You are experiencing what many of us preach - don't fix what ain't broke. If the camera is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need. A Z12E that someone updated and then constantly rebooted, and a certain PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind.

I would suggest trying to find an older firmware and revert back.
You are perfectly right! I think quite the same. Unfortunately I upgraded just because my old fw was loosing some video configuration at any reboot... Anyway, I sent a feedback to Dahua (thru cam dealer) and I hope something will be fixed in the future. In the while I will continue to test IVS to find some workaround (if any)...