IVS push notifications stuck - every second

Janek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

so ive tried to update firmware on my 16channel POE NVR (dahua from Andy) , on my IPC-5231, but for some reason the problem still persists.

i have a simple IVS - trip wire drawn in front of my house, and if anyone crosses it, it sends a notification.
8 out of 10 times it sends a push notification to my cell phone gdmms app, usually it sends 1-2 notifications for the same event.
however, sometimes it just gets stuck in a loop and the NVR is firing off the notifications for the same event continuously every second ! even though there is no additional trip wire tripping, it just keeps pushing notifications.
i have tried to unsubscribe from the notifications in the app to see if the app got stuck, but after i re-subscribe, the notifications keep coming.
when i try to delete the trip wire IVS rule on the NVR, it doesn't stop it and the notifications keep just coming.
the only way to stop it is to restart the NVR.

im going to try to set up another trip wire on another camera, to see if its camera related or NVR related.
but im wondering if any of you had similar situation or if its just me :(

i was hoping to use the IVS for some simple alarm purpose and instead of actual infra red beam perimetry around the house, i would use the tripwire to trigger some lights and some deterrence mini sirens, but if this is not stable and can get stuck in a continuous loop, then its a no go for me.

any ideas what the issue can be?
i asked Andy already about it but he just said to update the firmware. but apparently that did not do much. :(

any ideas guys?

thanks
JD

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try setting the IVS in the camera itself and not the NVR.

Janek

n3wb
Reaction score
well, tried to set it up directly through the camera, and so far its ok.
actually it did miss a few trip wire instances - not sure why, but lets see.
i'll try to set up some others on other cameras and do some through the NVR and some directly, lets see what will happen.
i'll give an update after a week or so.
thanks for the tip.

Janek

n3wb
Reaction score
As i write, again, push notifications are being fired off every second eventhough no trip wire is triggered.
I have another tripwire set up on another ipc 4231 cam and that did not get stuck like this so far. So im thinking its a cam issue . So any ideas what to do w it? Any special way to do some hard reset? Not just through the nvr, restore to defaults - is not enough i think.
Any ideas?
Thanks guys.

dh1989

n3wb
Reaction score
I just had the same exact thing happen to me with my Dahua NVR5208. A car driving by set off the tripwire alert and it began sending notifications to my phone nonstop. I shut off the phone notifications and found that it was still logging the alarm in 1 second intervals. It stopped when I rebooted the NVR. Extremely annoying and I hope this isn't going to be a regular issue.

Interestingly when I went back to review the video the timeline bar which shows IVS alerts only showed the first real alert that started it. The next 10 minutes of nonstop alerts don't show any IVS alarms/motion.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
As i write, again, push notifications are being fired off every second eventhough no trip wire is triggered.
I have another tripwire set up on another ipc 4231 cam and that did not get stuck like this so far. So im thinking its a cam issue . So any ideas what to do w it? Any special way to do some hard reset? Not just through the nvr, restore to defaults - is not enough i think.
Any ideas?
Thanks guys.
What is the firmware build date for the HDW5231r-ze and the NVR?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Any ideas?
Thanks guys.
So all cams do like this way or just part of them? They are using the same firmware.

Janek

n3wb
Reaction score
So all cams do like this way or just part of them? They are using the same firmware.
It seems that only this one so far. I only set up the second cam 2weeks ago so still testing it. But no issues so far. I think its the 5231 cam only. Ill set up ivs on others too and will test.