IVS rules won't work on my two IPC-t5442tm-as 5mp 2.8mm cameras

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi gang. My next issue to sort out! First the system for reference:

NVR
DHI-NVR5216-16p-4ks2e

All cameras directly connected via Cat6.
All firmware up to date.
Using the NVR's GUI via Microsoft Explorer.
Altering cam settings via their direct GUI's.
Have 3 other Dahua cams without the problem I'm about to describe.

Issue:
- I have set a few "tripwires", as well as enabled "motion detection" on the two IPC-t5442tm-as cam's. The IVS and "Smart Plan" is enabled on both. That part is fine, however the cam's won't save the "schedule" part. So, for example, both are currently set to record events over the 24hrs of Sunday. I wish these rules to be active all the time, so I tick the "all" button, then save. This should, like my other cam's, save and therefore work all the time. Thing is, when I go back into the GUI, it seems to "default" to Sunday only, and therefore only records events over 24hrs on a Sunday. Both cam's do this, but the others don't.

I'm a bit stumped on this one!

Thanks in advance, Mat

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you making these settings on the NVR or on the cameras themselves?

Try doing on the Camera GUI not the NVR.
In fact wipe clean the schedule (Period) for those cams on the NVR and then make the settings on the camera

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Doing so on the cam (as you've suggested previously - thanks mate. Helpful). I'll try to wipe them off the NVR and see if that works. It's always so variable what works cam to cam. Really annoying!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I have found more than once while making setting changes on the camera that it fails to hold the setting after “save”. I’ve noticed this most often on Exposure. Weird.

What Ive come to do as habit now is to hit save/refresh multiple times, click off the tab I made the change on, then click back, verify change and hit save/refresh again!

In other words I beat it into submission and make sure the changes save before closing the GUI.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Only make the changes on the camera, don't configure IVS on your recorder. If you modify settings on both camera and recorder, things don't sync up right. Not sure if and when this will ever be resolved by Dahua. That's we all recommend to manage your cameras through the camera's Web-UI itself

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've gone back and redone all changes on the cam's only (as opposed to using the NVR GUI). So, for example, I log directly into one of the IPC-t5442tm-as cam's, turn on IVS, set a few tripwires and turn on motion detection, save, done.
Thing is, when I try "search" on the NVR in order to review any triggering events (as per the rules I had set and saved), nothing appears on the coloured timeline. It looks as if nothing at all happened.
However, if I navigate to the "IP" section on the NVR, there will be a bunch of recorded events (shown as thumbnails) that I can click on and review.
So why can't I get the tiggers to appear as coloured events along the timeline under "search". I've so far found this to be the best way to quickly review a day/night if required.
Whew!
Mat