IVS sensitivity on T5442T-ZE

rufik

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to setup my IPC-T5442T-ZE, I have two simple IVS rules (tripwire, both directions, no target filter) and I wonder how does "sensitivity" slider really works. It's present on Global Setup tab and on every IVS Rule.
Does higher values mean that it's more "prone" to record smaller objects (animals), fake positives?

FW is V2.840.15OG00D.0.R, Build Date: 2022-08-18.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It simply means how sensitive it is to detecting human or vehicle.

For most the default sensitivity is fine, but people with challenging field of views may benefit from adjusting the sensitivity. Usually it is making it more sensitive because it isn't triggering.

The newer firmware versions are set up to trigger for human or vehicle so changing sensitivity doesn't necessarily mean triggering for smaller things like animals.

If you want that you need to go to an older firmware:

rufik

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, thanks a lot.
It seems a little bit odd that it's fixed on the human/vehicles although target filter is unchecked...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, the best we can conclude is that since we are not their intended audience (their market is installers that install at retail and businesses), that they don't care too much about things other than human and vehicles, so they are working on making it as reliable as possible for their intended market.

That is what they have the Amcrest (and before they sold it Lorex) line for the homeowner that wants to trigger for animals, although those cameras are usually watered-down versions of the Dahua line.

rufik

n3wb
Reaction score
Has that "bug" already been reported to Dahua/Andy of EmpireTech?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Has that "bug" already been reported to Dahua/Andy of EmpireTech?
I did some major whining to Andy about it over a year ago. The bottom line is that the large majority of the camera buying population wants to detect only people and/or vehicles, and that's where all of the development effort is going. If you want to use the higher end cameras to detect objects other than people or vehicles, you're simply out of luck. You are only a sliver of the available market share. As an FYI, there's an API command that dumps the camera IVS settings. Using this shows that UI end of the firmware correctly sets to turn off the object filter. Then IVS detection firmware ignores it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 above. We are not the target audience so they have focused it around people and vehicles as that is what their business customers want.

If you want animal AI, then you need to look at Blue Iris/Computer or some other VMS system that captures that as your VMS system (NVR)