IVS Settings Lost on Reset

acd333

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I've had my NVR/cameras for a number of years now and finally getting around to playing with the IVS feature. Until now I had motion detection recording set up with no issues.

NVR is a 16 channel Dahua, NVR-5216-16P-4KS2, with the old web interface. Camera is IPC-HDW5231R-Z.

I have followed the directions for setting up an IVS tripwire using the Smart Plan and IVS tabs under Event in the NVR web interface. I was able to get it to work, and it even sent me alerts to the DMSS app on my phone. No issues there.

Then the power went out overnight and the NVR was reset. I stopped getting the alerts, and when I checked the web interface the IVS settings had been lost. I tried again and had the same result after a reboot. I tried setting up IVS on the camera interface and those settings were also lost after reset.

Anyone have any similar issues?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to set these up within the camera GUI so that it remains in the camera. If you set it up in the NVR, then on a reboot there is a conflict between the NVR and the camera.

NEVER make a setting for a camera in the NVR. You need to do it in the camera. Try this and see if it sticks.

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

1673448986754.png

acd333

n3wb
Reaction score
I get the same result whether I set it up on the NVR or the camera interface. I can see the trip wire on the NVR preview of the stream, but it all disappears after reboot. Nothing persists in the IVS settings on the camera or NVR.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I run the same NVR (minus the POE ports) and a few of the same camera and have never had the IVS settings disappear on power off or reboot. Maybe a firmware version difference, or something as simple as not pressing one of the "save" or "ok" buttons after making a change?

acd333

n3wb
Reaction score
My firmware on the NVR says up to date:
System Version:3.215.0000000.3Build Date:2017-12-11
Camera firmware is:
2.460.0000.15.R, Build Date: 2017-09-07

I have motion detection enabled, and it persists across reboots.

I just tried something:
1 - Set up IVS on camera, verify it shows up on NVR
2 - Reset camera only
3 - IVS settings lost

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I just tried something:
1 - Set up IVS on camera, verify it shows up on NVR
2 - Reset camera only
3 - IVS settings lost
By reset, I'm assuming you mean a reboot. A literal reset should clear the IVS settings.
From this info, logic would say it's a camera problem. I've had logic fail too many times to totally count on it, but that's where I'd look first. My 5231R-Zs are running firmware V2.800.0000016.0.R, Build Date: 2020-06-05, older than what you're running I'd guess.

acd333

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like it is the camera. I have an identical camera on the other side of my building and I duplicated the issue on it. Another camera I have works just fine.

I will try updating firmware.

acd333

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay I think I have it fixed. I did a Factory Default on both the cameras and IVS is now working after reboot.

It wasn't an issue with IVS, it was that none of the settings would save after a reboot of the camera.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Use IE. Many stroies of various settings not sticking with other browsers.