IVS triggers not working for several cams

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
BI no longer seems to recognize IVS triggers from several of my cams. One is a 5442, another is an older 5231. Both used to work fine so I'm assuming some recent BI update has changed something. I see that they've added some things related to ONVIF config in a more recent update but not sure how to interpret what's shown there. Other 5442s using IVS trigger fine.

For the one 5442 that's not working I've tried deleting and recreating the cam. I've copied another working 5442 and set it up with the non-working IP and it then no longer works. I've recreated the IVS triggers in various ways (intrusion, trip wires, targets on and off). I can see using ONVIF Device Manager that events are being generated. Get ONVIF triggers is checked for the cam.

Any ideas?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep it is a known issue with many cameras. Some have seen it can be firmware dependent on a 5442 as an example.

There is a hack in this thread you can do, or rollback.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks. I do remember seeing that now. What's the hack? I read through things quickly but didn't see it. I tried going forward to the most recent version but not working. What past version works?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Tried both of the event hacks and taking ONVIF authorization off but still no go.

Thanks for your help. I'm going to end this tread and follow the other. No need for another.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Authorization and re-doing find/inspect didn't make any difference. Worked before and the string was right anyway but figured I'd try it. But I can live with regular motion on this cam for a while. Wait and see if things change with updates.

This seems like one of those "be careful what you wish for" kind of things... Nice that he finally lets us distinguish the various triggers but seems like it may be kind of an ongoing mess to keep up with. ONVIF isn't all that consistent.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Similar to when Deepstack was introduced, this will be a wonderful addition once the bugs are worked out and we figure out how to take advantage of it!