5.7.5 - April 20, 2023 - Onvif updates

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.7.5 - April 20, 2023
This version exposes the inner workings of the ONVIF GetEvents code, providing better
status feedback as well as providing opportunities to customize actionable events coming
from a camera.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It looks like we might be able to ignore vehicle triggers and keep only people triggers.

I've trying to experiment, but currently I cannot actually change the setting. The OK button is not working.

This is a Dahua 5442T-ZE

1682039510698.png

EDIT: Got it set by directly editing the registry. But so far its not working as anticipated (but my N is only 1).

1682040606854.png

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, it'd be nice to be able to distinguish IVS rules eo one Dahua cam can be a spotter for several areas using IVS.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like we might be able to ignore vehicle triggers and keep only people triggers.

I've trying to experiment, but currently I cannot actually change the setting. The OK button is not working.

This is a Dahua 5442T-ZE

View attachment 160591

EDIT: Got it set by directly editing the registry. But so far its not working as anticipated (but my N is only 1).

View attachment 160595
I loaded this up on a test computer - are you getting any ONVIF triggers in BI? None of the ONVIF triggers are firing for me now.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So the new Dahua 180 camera appears to not work with IVS triggers in this new version.

I rollback to the most stable version and they work, update to the newest version and restart and reboot the computer and still no IVS triggers.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

This is a Dahua 5442T-ZE

View attachment 160591

View attachment 160595
Yes, I can confirm a couple of issues with this update after testing. The OK button doesn't work as you pointed out. Also, the iOS app home screen is broken. Rolled back to the latest stable version.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
While this is hopefully leading to the ability to be able to select which IVS rule you want to do what, at this time either the coding is undecipherable or the ability to have actions happen based on IVS rule isn't here yet.

For example, with an NVR you can create an IVS rule that will trigger a recording but not alert you, and then an IVS rule when the person gets closer to have it alert you.

In BI, it doesn't acknowledge the different IVS rules and simply sends a BI trigger. I don't think this update is there yet. You can see it based on human or vehicle, but not per IVS rule.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I found that by clicking Status/cameras it crashes my BI . Also tried this on demo BI and it won't even fully start and just crashes. Going back to 5.7.2.4 and all works again.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
While this is hopefully leading to the ability to be able to select which IVS rule you want to do what, at this time either the coding is undecipherable or the ability to have actions happen based on IVS rule isn't here yet.

For example, with an NVR you can create an IVS rule that will trigger a recording but not alert you, and then an IVS rule when the person gets closer to have it alert you.

In BI, it doesn't acknowledge the different IVS rules and simply sends a BI trigger. I don't think this update is there yet. You can see it based on human or vehicle, but not per IVS rule.
Yes I also started to get Event errors from a camera that uses IVS rules as well.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The Blue Iris logfile now shows new entries.

I'm assuming these provide the specific EVENTs that can be customized in the new ONVIF Events Manager dialog.

For example,
1682090138852.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the BI Camera Status page it also now shows the decode option the camera is using (H264, H254, etc.)

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

The new ONVIF Events Manager dialog appears to be prepopulated with 15 default (standard?) events.
But if I understand the interface correctly, you can add more based on what actually appears in the displayed XML (what the camera is actually sending).
I'm assuming you click the '+' icon to add custom events.

Last edited:

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
OK, this is starting to make sense.

Here's an example ...
XML output for a line-crossing event on my 5442.
Code:
    <s:Body>
        <tev:PullMessagesResponse>
            <tev:CurrentTime>2023-04-21T16:49:21Z</tev:CurrentTime>
            <tev:TerminationTime>2023-04-21T16:50:31Z</tev:TerminationTime>
            <wsnt:NotificationMessage>
                <wsnt:Topic Dialect="http://www.onvif.org/ver10/tev/topicExpression/ConcreteSet">tns1:RuleEngine/LineDetector/Crossed</wsnt:Topic>
                <wsnt:Message>
                    <tt:Message PropertyOperation="Changed" UtcTime="2023-04-21T16:49:20Z">
                        <tt:Source>
                            <tt:SimpleItem Value="00000" Name="VideoSourceConfigurationToken"/>
                            <tt:SimpleItem Value="00000" Name="VideoAnalyticsConfigurationToken"/>
                            <tt:SimpleItem Value="IVS-5" Name="Rule"/>
                        </tt:Source>
                        <tt:Key>
                            <tt:SimpleItem Value="310311" Name="ObjectId"/>
                        </tt:Key>
                        <tt:Data>
                            <tt:SimpleItem Value="false" Name="State"/>
                        </tt:Data>
                    </tt:Message>
                </wsnt:Message>
            </wsnt:NotificationMessage>
        </tev:PullMessagesResponse>
    </s:Body>
Note in the 'RuleEngine/LineDetector/Crossed' NotificationMessage that the 'Source' entry 'Rule' has the value 'IVS-5'.

This aligns with my IVS setup in the camera. I triggered the camera for this event by crossing line IVS-5.

1682092591715.png

Last edited:

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Now I also understand why my quick experiment in post #3 did not work.

The XML output from the camera see the preceding post) has no notifications that include the event RuleEngine/MyRuleDetector/VehicleDetect.
So changing this event's behavior (to ignore the trigger) should have no effect.

Lesson learned: You can only customize events hat exist in the XML.

Edit: In the help pdf, Ken calls these 'Listen for' conditions.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad you are starting to figure this out!

My cams are not triggering external in 5.7.5. If I rollback they trigger.

Did you do anything to the cam settings other than just updated?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is so strange. I rollback and it works. I update and it doesn't. I have rebooted and deleted and added the camera and still nothing.