Jennov 8mp POE PTZ

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The PTZ I had on my garage started to fail (IR Lights do not always work) So I was looking for a replacement. I wanted something that could track but also be inexpensive (Fixed income). A friend said he got one of these Jennov cameras and he was very happy with it.
So I picked up a Jennov 8mp PTZ with 20X optical and 10X Digital Zoom. [ model P87HM85-30X-EAS] (Jury is still out on the zoom)
Hooked right up to my HIKvision DS-7616N1-12-16P NVR. I had trouble to where it kept locking onto my van and my neighbors car. Could not figure out how to turn off the vehicle tracking. Jennov replied to my email about 2 hours after I sent it. I totally forgot about logging into the cameras WEBGUI. Quick log in and many options on what to track or not track. Human, Car, Motorcycle, Ebike, Bicycle or Fire. Not sure about the fire part, and wish there was an animal.
Anyway deselected everything and left human on.
Picture of what it sees.
Driveway.jpg
The camera picked me up (Draws box around target) coming out my front door and down the ramp towards the camera. It lost me when I was right next to it, but picked me up again when I walk to the left of the image. Followed me all the way over to my neighbors house, even zooming in a bit as it did. Color rendition is good and night vision is on par with any other sub $200 camera. I have not figured out yet if it has a parked position so I can have my HIKvision fixed camera trigger it to look its way. Audio pickup is excellent (may need a wind screen). I can easily hear cars and trucks going by which trigger motion recording. I also have a Sunba Illuminattiwhich was twice the price and has a mind of its own when it comes to tracking. I am goin to give this a few more days, but may replace the Sunba and other no name PTZ with the Jennov.
Here is full zoom of the mail boxes across the street.
Full zoom.jpg