Jerky video

Woody70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just installed a Wansview W9 camera and get jerky video on movement. My question is. I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 card installed and I have a Nvida Quadro 4000 I am not using. Do you think the Quadro 4000 would help the video or is the one I already have installed better. Or something else is the problem. Thanks for any advice.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just installed a Wansview W9 camera and get jerky video on movement. My question is. I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 card installed and I have a Nvida Quadro 4000 I am not using. Do you think the Quadro 4000 would help the video or is the one I already have installed better. Or something else is the problem. Thanks for any advice.
Try this ==>> "Troubleshooting Streaming Problems"
and
Have you done this ? ==>> Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage

and this ==>> Sub stream Guide

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How many threads you creating LOL

Keep in mind this is a wifi camera with pan and tilt - those are going to be problematic.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind it could be the fact that it is a wifi camera and pan and tilt at that, so it could be a wifi issue causing the jerky video.

Woody70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried the lowest resolution and it seems a lot better. I have another problem now with that same camera. It records about 5 minutes of video then they all disappear, also I have it set the same as my other cameras to record in 5 sec clips and this one records for about five minutes at a time. I can't figure out what the problem is with either one. Here is a pic pf the setting for record. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So that confirms it is the wifi.

What is your use case to do cont+periodic?
That creates a lot more files and issues. You should set it to continuous or continous + trigger.

Woody70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My other cameras work fine like that and that's what i need so I can check them and see what is going on. With 5 sec clips it catches everything and I keep what I want and delete the rest of them everyday. I know it creates more files that's why I go over them and delete them everyday. Any of the other settings you can't set the time to record.