jpegpull camera grids can now be high resolution!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you haven't been paying close attention to the update notes for Blue Iris lately, you may have missed that you can now set the resolution of the camera grids for jpegpull.htm. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I have been using 1920 x 1080 and larger monitors for years and it always frustrated me that Blue Iris's web interface could never make good use of that much space! Until now, the only way to get a high resolution grid was to use the java app linked in my signature.

So, now you can set the resolution via a little gear-icon button below the cameras in the main Blue Iris interface. I've tested it as high as 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD) resolution, which looks gorgeous on a 4K monitor. This comes with a few downsides though. The higher resolution takes more CPU, and it produces much larger jpeg frames. I only get about 0.5 to 1 frame per second at this huge size! Each 3840 x 2160 frame is about 2.3 megabytes, close to 10 times larger than the old default size. This is understandable since it used to max out around 1 megapixel per frame, and now I have it sending just over 8 megapixels per frame!

Luckily, my jpegpull2 page from here will request images at smaller sizes, to fit the browser window. This way when you view in a smaller browser window, you don't waste any bandwidth and you get much of your frame rate back!