jpg's in clip list

jallison86

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

A simple question, but one that's bothered me for a while. I'm still on BI 3.x (I know 4 has been out for a while but 3 works so I don't really want to pay for a new license). Everything pretty much works fine but sometimes I get jpg files in the clip list. Most of the time the triggers work and create video clips, but every now and then it's just a still jpg image. Why does this happen? I looked through the help file but all I can find is a reference that, "The clip list however may also contain still images (JPEGs)." No explanation of why that might be. Any insight appreciated. Thanks!

- Jeff

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this happening for just one camera, with consistency? There are options for a high-res snapshot to be saved with each alert I think. That might be what you are seeing.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are on BI 3, you should at least be on 3.66 as that was the last version released.

jallison86

n3wb
Reaction score
Is this happening for just one camera, with consistency? There are options for a high-res snapshot to be saved with each alert I think. That might be what you are seeing.
Seems to happen consistently for one camera and inconsistently for others...I'm comparing settings to see if I can spot something different.

- Jeff

jallison86

n3wb
Reaction score
If you are on BI 3, you should at least be on 3.66 as that was the last version released.
Good point, I'm on 3.36. I'll go find an update. The update checker fails, just says, "Trouble connecting. Please check your Internet connection and try again."