Just about to order SD59225U-HNI PTZ

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@nayr is it possible you can sent me a pm/conversation as I need to as you some details I don't want to disclose on the open forum.

So I'm just about to order the above ptz.
I've been away from the scene for 18 months or so and just come back to see how the hobby has progressed.

I have been massively surprised by the advanced dahua have made with these low light cameras.

I'm sure the new hikvision will be a competitor when they finally become readily available but for me for now the dahua is miles ahead for low light and availability

I'm dealing with the @EMPIRETECANDY regarding the cams and he's been great up to now.

I'm a hik man up to know with a full system of hik cameras and a couple of the huisun (that people hate lol!).

But I have been completely struck by how unbelievably good these ultra starvis cameras are!

Was initially going to buy the bullet but for me ptz is handy (I have the huisun speed dome ptz at present).

I do all my tweaking from Web gui so I am not too concerned about any control at the NVR end (Hikvision) other than record 24/7 and viewing. All other features include set up directly on the cameras.

How many of the members have this particular ptz.

I would also like to know from user experience. Once configured correctly is does the auto track feature work well at night? (I know this is a debatable topic and isn't the reason I'm going for this camera) but I would like to define an area to track both day and night.
The current huisun does a decent enough job but it is active in the whole scene so as I live in a busy place can be chasing around all day some days.

Thanks in advance

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Subscribed. Mine just arrived as I'm typing. I'll set it up tonight and start messing with it.

If I can be of any assistance and help out with any questions forthcoming, I will do my best.

SD

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes I've just paid the invoice and Andy only had 1 in stock.

Hopefully receive it early next week
DHL dependant

I've been reading the posts.
But I'd be interested to know regarding the tracking function at night

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've just found a video showing the tracking working at night.
Seems to work well once setup.

How are you fellas mounting them with the supplied bracket as Andy was out of stock of the junction box. I'm sure I can knock something together

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I needed a corner mount solution so I ordered these 4 items:
(1x) -- PFA151
(1x) -- PFA110
(1x) -- PFB300S
(1x) -- PFA120

Only the waterproof junction box, PFA120, was out of stock from Andy, so I got one from B&H Photo for $14.

Dahua Technology Water-Proof Junction Box for Dome Camera PFA120

SD
Thanks for that
All the junction boxes seem to be out of stock but I could order one seperate that's no trouble.
I may see if I can mount it to a metal junction box

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just to compliment @Solar Deity's reply both the above mounts are included with the PTZ.

@Solar Deity I will also be going with a corner mount, and haven't ordered the PFA120, is it required?
Thanks
PFA120 isn't a requirement it's more for aesthetics and ease of putting the cable connection in.

I may source the other bracket PFB303W
As I think they look better

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
PFA120 isn't a requirement it's more for aesthetics and ease of putting the cable connection in.
Yeah. Figured I should be able to hide the excess cable in the tube.

I may source the other bracket PFB303W
I know that is the included mount with the SD49225T-HN. Just asked @EMPIRETECANDY and he confirmed that only the PFB300S is compatible with the SD59225U-HNI. Also explains why the PFB303W isn't listed as an accessory for the SD59225U-HNI.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah. Figured I should be able to hide the excess cable in the tube.

I know that is the included mount with the SD49225T-HN. Just asked @EMPIRETECANDY and he confirmed that only the PFB300S is compatible with the SD59225U-HNI. Also explains why the PFB303W isn't listed as an accessory for the SD59225U-HNI.
Weird as the pipe and thread diameter is the same on both mounts from what I can gather

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Weird as the pipe and thread diameter is the same on both mounts from what I can gather
I hear ya. Maybe when things calm down for Andy he might be able to let us know the reason. I am perfectly OK with the PFB300S providing it is straight which Andy is already looking into and ensuring people are satisfied.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I hear ya. Maybe when things calm down for Andy he might be able to let us know the reason. I am perfectly OK with the PFB300S providing it is straight which Andy is already looking into and ensuring people are satisfied.
Agree.
I asked the question an hour or so ago and the reason he gave me was they don't have stock.

Going from the specs I see no reason why it would not fit if the pipe diameter and thread are the same.

There may be other reasons why it wouldn't fit but I'm going purely of dahua spec sheets

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Arrived yesterday and I set it up in the basement on a floor joist.

My bracket was not straight, but I made it plumb.

He is sending new brackets to all in need.

SD

Attachments

Last edited:

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep. I know @wantafastz28 installed his without a junction box and as mine probably wont have a great deal of eave coverage will just silicone the back of the mast to seal everything in.
The whole wiring harness was able to tuck into the mast. It was a pretty snug fit. I'd recommend putting the camera on the mast first. Install corner bracket, run you cat5/6 to the weather plug through the corner bracket, tuck it in. Then install it to the corner mount. Make sure you silicone the lags going into your house from the corner bracket as well if it can be exposed to moisture. :) Use washers and lock washers or nylon nuts also!

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The whole wiring harness was able to tuck into the mast. It was a pretty snug fit. I'd recommend putting the camera on the mast first. Install corner bracket, run you cat5/6 to the weather plug through the corner bracket, tuck it in. Then install it to the corner mount. Make sure you silicone the lags going into your house from the corner bracket as well if it can be exposed to moisture. :) Use washers and lock washers or nylon nuts also!
Thanks for sharing your installation specifics. Hoping that would be possible.

I actually read through your other thread before owning any IP cameras and it wasn't until I was thinking about the PTZ and doing a corner mount remembered that you had managed it so I didn't bother with a junction box. While it was a snug fit I assume they aren't majorly kinked in there?

For mounting i'll be using using star plugs (otherwise known as wral/wall or xmas plugs) with stainless steel fasteners. The star plugins are currently holding up a 14kg hose reel, so I don't think a ~ 6.8kg (8.5kg with corner bracket) is going to be an issue.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your installation specifics. Hoping that would be possible.

I actually read through your other thread before owning any IP cameras and it wasn't until I was thinking about the PTZ and doing a corner mount remembered that you had managed it so I didn't bother with a junction box. While it was a snug fit I assume they aren't majorly kinked in there?

For mounting i'll be using using star plugs (otherwise known as wral/wall or xmas plugs) with stainless steel fasteners. The star plugins are currently holding up a 14kg hose reel, so I don't think a ~ 6.8kg (8.5kg with corner bracket) is going to be an issue.
I would do it again, I think it's fine. Just remember if you use all stainless hardware nuts and bolts, it will seize up if you get it tight unless you use a different material but or anti seize.