Just another newb, thanks for the info

Soundguy

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been lurking here for a while collecting info so I can start with a new camera and DVR system at home. I'm looking to start with 6 cameras and I'd like to eventually move up to 12 or 13 total. I've already got a full Ubiquiti managed network and WIFI infrastructure set up and I intend on going with all POE cameras between my home, the yard and a secondary workshop building roughly 250' away. I've already purchased some cheap cameras to learn with and I'm going to be ordering a refurbished PC this afternoon to start a BI build. Thanks in advance.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you get ready to connect that workshop 250 feet away, if it's Line of Sight, consider a Ubiquiti Layer 2 Transparent Bridge as I posted on Oct. 26th here.

If Houston, TX lightning is anything like AL lightning, it's a lot safer (and cheaper in the long run) than stringing 250 ft. plus of CAT-5e or 6 between 2 buildings, underground or not.

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT! :)

Soundguy

n3wb
Reaction score
I've already got a Ubiquiti fiber link out to the shop underground which is already supporting a couple WIFI APs and a Tivo node out there, the network is already in place waiting for the security system.