Just bought a SD5A425GA-HNR

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good morning,

Yesterday I bought a SD5A425GA-HNR camera from empiretecandy. A couple of questions. Do I need an NVR/DVR or will the DDMS app allow me to use the camera with the 512gb sd card installed? The second question, is there an installation guide? I’ve got all the specs and can meet them. I’ve just never installed a ptz before.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As I mentioned in your previous thread, you do not need an NVR.

You can use the DDMS app, but for one camera you will find it probably easier to log into the camera GUI.

There isn't any installation guides per say. They are meant for professional installers that know what they are doing. But they are straight forward and you shouldn't have any trouble.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cool. I asked about the app because I downloaded it and wasn’t sure I could set perimeters? In any case, I guess I’m good to go.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You will need to set the parameters of the camera in the camera GUI itself.

For this camera you will need to use Internet Explorer - not Edge or Chrome with IE tab, but plain ole Explorer. If you use another browser some of the settings won't hold, like tracking time.

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1672063957334.png

Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it your country and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

OR use the IPconfig Tool, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home or for something to get screwed up.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On that note, do you think this:

TP-Link TL-SG105MPE | 5 Port Gigabit PoE Switch | Easy Smart Managed | 4 PoE+ Ports @120W, w/ 1 Uplink Gigabit Port | Limited Lifetime Protection | QoS, Vlan, IGMP & LAG | Fanless | PoE Auto Recovery
Or this would be enough? It’s 40 yards (120’) from the switch to the camera. Cat5e OSP. Cable.

TP-Link TL-SG1005P V2 or later | 5 Port Gigabit PoE Switch | 4 PoE+ Ports @65W | Desktop | Plug & Play | Sturdy Metal w/ Shielded Ports | Fanless | Limited Lifetime Protection | QoS & IGMP Snooping

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you are only running one or two cameras, the 2nd one is ok. The PTZ will take about 30 of that available 65w

kenzi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
YOU ARE AWESOME! I knew there had to be more to it than what I was seeing. I’m ordering a Samsung pro SD card. A TP Link Poe switch and some 10” hose clamps. I’ll report back with some pictures in a few days hopefully.
Yea, let us see some day and night clips ;)