Just Bought Version 5

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I super pumped up about the new version. I downloaded installed and loaded up 3 test cams and everything worked perfectly. I like the new look too. I'm going to play with it all night. Can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday night.

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
LOL my son works at Miller. I just got back from camping last night so I needed a night in. But I love Milwaukee for all the beer it has. I have 3 friends that own bars as well.

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh and I actually get 3 free cases of beer from him every month. Just thought I'd add that cool little tid bit.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Some like me have been using it for quite a few days without any issues but then again I’m not an advanced user.

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm still getting use to it. I was having a hard time deleting a camera if I wanted to. Seems unresponsive at times. I play with it whenever I get a chance on my laptop for now. BI4 is still my goto for a little while yet. I'm excited to grow with this new version though.

Reaction score
I super pumped up about the new version. I downloaded installed and loaded up 3 test cams and everything worked perfectly. I like the new look too. I'm going to play with it all night. Can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday night.
So what is your overall opinion of version 5 vs version 4? Surely that Saturday night grind gave you a overall opinion. Please, I want to know what you think?

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I like the look of it but until more of the little bugs get worked out and until I get more use to using it and where everything is I won't put it in a production environment.

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So the one thing I can say I'm trying to figure out right now is I have 2 cameras up and when I try to delete one as soon as I restart BI5 the second cam is back.

ray-zin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi. So I'm going to be a new BI user soon. PC on the way. Cat 6 cables installed and cameras going up soon. (been a long time coming). So as a NEW user... do I buy version 5 that sounds pretty buggy. or do I go for tried n tested version 4? - or as a new user will I be fine with version 5?

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi. So I'm going to be a new BI user soon. PC on the way. Cat 6 cables installed and cameras going up soon. (been a long time coming). So as a NEW user... do I buy version 5 that sounds pretty buggy. or do I go for tried n tested version 4? - or as a new user will I be fine with version 5?
BI5 newly installed on new computer seem to work fine.

ray-zin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
fantastic. thanks all. I'll give v5 a go. refurb optiplex arrives tomorrow! so hyped!