Just downloaded 5.0 64 Bit Install - ERROR

mjgood

n3wb
Reaction score
Guess I was one of the lucky ones... only big issue for me was my backup file hosed up the program when I restored it (BI would open for a few seconds and then shutdown), but it also did the same on V4 restore, something in my config I guess...

I run a test partition, so not a big deal... Seems the software is somewhere between beta and RC, nowhere close to GA... don't really mind being a Guinea Pig...

Only real issue I've found so far is that clips won't delete from UI3, multiple clip selection will delete all but one, and single clip delete doesn't... didn't find anything similar looking through the posts... also tried installing older versions of UI3 and same problem...

Reaction score
Folks I've upgraded 4 installations so far. 2 on white boxes and 2 on VMware vsphere. The ONLY issue I've come across wasn't really an issue.

Make sure you install BOTH the vcruntimes (x64 and x32). Export your BI4 settings just in case. Disable your BI4 service mode in settings and close the software. THEN run BI5 and let it do it's thing. DO NOT uninstalled BI4 till it tells you to.

Using this process I haven't had any issues other than ones I caused myself.

Many of you are so salty you can't see clearly.

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Folks I've upgraded 4 installations so far. 2 on white boxes and 2 on VMware vsphere. The ONLY issue I've come across wasn't really an issue.

Make sure you install BOTH the vcruntimes (x64 and x32). Export your BI4 settings just in case. Disable your BI4 service mode in settings and close the software. THEN run BI5 and let it do it's thing. DO NOT uninstalled BI4 till it tells you to.

Using this process I haven't had any issues other than ones I caused myself.

Many of you are so salty you can't see clearly.
Was any of this info actually provided by Blue Iris or did you actually come by it from the good people on this forum? (just curious)

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I just followed the instructions provided by BI official site minus that x32 vcruntime bit, that I found here.
I guess I wasn't seeing clearly when I went to the Blue Iris site to upgrade to v5. The only thing that I saw there was this:

"To install version 5 you must use the FULL installer, not the updates."

Care to provide a link where you found that info? (I will wipe the salt out of my eyes this time)

Reaction score
Actually it says

"If you are upgrading from version 4, please install the FULL version 5 installer. Once running, you may then uninstall version 4."

https://blueirissoftware.com/updates/

But anyhow, as I said, the rest I DID glean from here regarding the VCredistx32 issue. It's ok, I don't mind people being salty.

I just figured I'd share my experience so people would realize that if you slow down a bit you're less likely to fail.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Actually it says

"If you are upgrading from version 4, please install the FULL version 5 installer. Once running, you may then uninstall version 4."

Blue Iris Updates

But anyhow, as I said, the rest I DID glean from here regarding the VCredistx32 issue. It's ok, I don't mind people being salty.

I just figured I'd share my experience so people would realize that if you slow down a bit you're less likely to fail.
Looks like you want to find FULL Download version 5 here:

Download Blue Iris