Just Felt A Strong Earthquake Jolt Here In Southern California

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The big one is pending from what I've read. The USGS is not kidding when it comes to these quakes. Its always smaller ones that precede the bigger ones

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Not the whole state, just LA, Sacramento, Portland, Seattle and so on. Most of the Marxocrats live right along the coast, inland is very different but not as population/voter dense.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
The big one is pending from what I've read. The USGS is not kidding when it comes to these quakes. Its always smaller ones that precede the bigger ones
I don’t pretend to know what the ground is composed of so that plays a huge role in all of this. If it’s clay and sand it doesn’t take much to cause something to separate and move.

Now, if the very deep ground is bedrock and granite it would take a lot for an entire land mass like CA just to separate and fall into the ocean. Having endured two earthquakes in my lifetime I can say that’s much preferable over seasonal tornado events or wild fires.

Earthquake’s aren’t as consistent in happening vs the two examples I noted up above.

Regardless, watching and feeling the ground & buildings shake and move isn’t something I can say is fun either!

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Don't be too quick to grab up any property though. If/when it happens (maybe tomorrow, maybe a million years from now), two things will happen... First, there will be one ginormous tsunami generated that will probably wipe out everything up to the mountains. Second is water displacement... after all that land sinks in to the ocean, it's only logical that the water level should rise. How much? Who knows...

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't be too quick to grab up any property though. If/when it happens (maybe tomorrow, maybe a million years from now), two things will happen... First, there will be one ginormous tsunami generated that will probably wipe out everything up to the mountains. Second is water displacement... after all that land sinks in to the ocean, it's only logical that the water level should rise. How much? Who knows...
I guess it comes down to how land mass is still above water afterwards?!? All joking aside I don’t want to see anyone lose their lives to such a disaster.