just got home starting my computer and clicked on Blue Iris icon and got this

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is that a work computer? If so you may not be able to get around it by yourself and you would have to have IT dept make BI an exception.

But BI i is not a problem.

It is how the "unknown Publisher" or "potential virus" or "compromised" messages are generated (just called virus moving forward in the rest of this post for simplicity).

It is not a virus, rather it is whatever antivirus you are using has flagged it as a potential virus. Some programs look at the total number of users and below a certain number, it is flagged. These specialty type files/programs get false positives all the time.

You can check the file with VirusTotal , an antivirus website owned by Google that runs it thru a lot of different antivirus algorithms.

But you should exclude BI from these programs or it will cause problems.

Little Tlejunior

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, it's my home computer running BI for years just by launching it from the task bar.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It appears that maybe you are not logged in as the admin account?

Have you excluded BI from all antivirus stuff?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am W10 and the last time Windows updated was January when I allowed it.

Virus and Threat protection was updated today so I suspect it is that even though all the exlusions and what not looks ok.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I have found a few articles discussing but none of the solutions are working

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Newbs. Mine works fine even after taking one for the team and letting Windows update to the latest just now.

Seriously, not sure why. Maybe take a look at this:

Reaction score
I think it's an expired certificate. I was still able to open blue iris using an elevated command prompt. So that's something.

Viewing the certificate info under the blueiris.exe properties shows this:

1692738775197.png

I'm guessing the NotBefore parameter is set for one year prior to the current date. Not sure how to fix the issue though.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you guys running older versions? Wonder if maybe some certificate has expired?

ETA: Honey Badger beat me to it, but I think that's right. Mine which is working looks slightly different. expires 10/25/25.

Screenshot 2023-08-22 171841.png

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I am running the last version before BI switched to CodeProject and Deepstack works well for me.

jcams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Exact same thing happened to me today.. Im running BI4 on windows 10

Update: Service is running fine, I can connect via the app and web browser UI3.. Can login to console via Non Admin user

Last edited:

ncpilot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Didn't see this thread when I posted mine.

Same thing happened to me. Always run BI as a service, and even though I've disable updates, I found a setup screen on my monitor as if an update had been installed. Skipped all the crap, then tried to run from console, and got the UAC error everyone else in this thread got.

I've got an older version of BI running, from close to 2 years ago, never updated what worked... verson 4. something on Win 10 Pro...