Just had a SD1A203T-GN die...what is the latest that is similar in size, but better in function?

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Like the title says...just had a SD1A203T-GN die today...it won't respond to factory reset and just spins the PTZ all the time.
See this thread.
I took a look at Andy's amazon store and saw this same model, but don't really wanna spend money on the same model.
So I'm wondering if anyone here has a recommendation for a newer version with a similar size, but maybe better performance.

Any thoughts?

thanks

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Like the title says...just had a SD1A203T-GN die today...it won't respond to factory reset and just spins the PTZ all the time.
See this thread.
I took a look at Andy's amazon store and saw this same model, but don't really wanna spend money on the same model.
So I'm wondering if anyone here has a recommendation for a newer version with a similar size, but maybe better performance.

Any thoughts?

thanks
I have the 4MP version, SD1A404XB. Same camera but 4MP. You'd be able to reuse the mount as the cameras have an identical footprint.

If you have enough light at night, the 4MP is an option. If not, buy the SD1A203TGN. Requires less light at night.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See this thread.

Any thoughts?

thanks
I see that post by @Psylent126 but he never responded to either @actran 's or @wittaj 's suggestion back on April 10th so we don't know the outcome.....

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right...I just jumped on that post because I had the same exact issue just a little later in time. I've done the things suggested there already and I can't think of anything else to try. So it looks like I'm in shopping mode now.

I wasn't aware of the 4MP version of the cam...or didn't remember it anyway. Would be nice to have something with a small footprint that can do a bit better. I have next to no light around at night though so it is only whatever the IR can illuminate. I guess that will be (some degree of) worse than with the 2MP version was, but I don't have much choice. Want the AI detection if I can get it so I guess it is a compromise I have to make. Too bad Andy doesn't have any in his amazon shop right now. Oh well. I'll make it a while without it.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Right...I just jumped on that post because I had the same exact issue just a little later in time. I've done the things suggested there already and I can't think of anything else to try. So it looks like I'm in shopping mode now.

I wasn't aware of the 4MP version of the cam...or didn't remember it anyway. Would be nice to have something with a small footprint that can do a bit better. I have next to no light around at night though so it is only whatever the IR can illuminate. I guess that will be (some degree of) worse than with the 2MP version was, but I don't have much choice. Want the AI detection if I can get it so I guess it is a compromise I have to make. Too bad Andy doesn't have any in his amazon shop right now. Oh well. I'll make it a while without it.
I'd stick with the 2MP version. I don't find the IR to be very bright even when set to 100%.