Just installed Archer C7 router.. now IP cams are not connecting to network

Rickalo

n3wb
Reaction score
Just installed a new Archer C7 Wireless router, replacing my Linksys E4200 router... I have 6 wireless IP cameras I monitor using my iSpy program. With the E4200, I could do a scan of my home network, and ID all the cameras, and get them setup to view when PC was on...

Since I installed the Archer C7, I cannot see these wireless IP cameras to set them up again. I am figuring there's some setting I have incorrectly set on the Archer router... anyone have any suggestions on what I should check? I use the program Advanced IP Scanner software to identify all IP devices connected... and none of the cameras show now...

Thanks in advance for your help!!

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Check your LAN address, the Linksys E4200 router is default 192.168.1.xxx and the Archer C7 defaults to 192.168.0.xxx.

Rickalo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks... I took a couple of the cameras down, connected them directly to the Archer, and re-identified new IP addresses with .0. instead of .1.

When I reinstalled them outside, (closer to my Linksys bridged router, they wouldn't reconnect.. looks like I need to do some work with the bridged router to make this work...

Appreciate your input!