Just installed first 2332 - Where do I set the Camera name?

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry I can't answer the question but excellent picture quality and good view of the drive and yard! Is that 2332 with a 4mm or 2.8 mm lens? and is the camera mounted to the overhang or the side of the house?

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That looks excellent! Where else are you putting cameras ? I have a ranch and have been struggling with camera placement to cover the doors and other areas.
I also like your Life is Good sign! That is my 84 year old fathers favorite saying!

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@Rudyjr... got one more camera to install to capture the patio and back yard. The patio cam will show both doors in back, the patio door and the other door in our covered porch. Yep, "Life is Good"!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I see you have the camera named and the picture looks fantastic! I assume this is a 4mm as well? I see you are working on viewing them on a Mac laptop. I am going to be faced with the same problems as i am using an IMac desktop. Are you using an NVR as well?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@Rudyjr... Yep, it's a 4mm as well. I'm not using an NVR but decided to use Sighthound and save the recordings to an external hard drive connected to the MacBook running Sighthound. I'm glad I went with 4mm because it gives me the field of view I was looking for. 2.8 would have been okay but everything would have been a little smaller.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They look excellent. Good job. 4mm definitely better than 2.8mm in those situations. 2.8mm is slightly fish-bowled too.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@Del Boy... Thanks, I'm very pleased with the 4mm lens. Covers exactly what I wanted and as you said, doesn't distort things as much.