Just set up AI and substreams... not sure if I did it right

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey all, just set up all my substreams and AI

The idea is to record 24/7 in low-res, and triggers in hi-res.
My CPU usage has dropped from 40-60% down to 8-12%, so I assume I did something right. I also enabled my GPU since I have one.

The tutorial I watched said to set the camera to Record: Continuous + Trigger. When I do that, it stops recording continuously.
Also, my wife walked by the driveway, and it didn't detect her, or her car pulling away.

Lastly, when I first set it up, the bottom right showed GPU usage, it no longer displays that. Any ideas what I might have turned off?

Yes, I am that dumb.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Still more questions need answered. Let's start with:

I assume you are wanting to use the BI CodeProject AI and not the camera AI?

If it is CodeProject, you need to load the CUDA on the GPU and download CodeProject and install modules, etc.

You have set up motion detection within BI? When you enable substreams, you need to reconfigure your motion settings for the substreams.

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still more questions need answered. Let's start with:

I assume you are wanting to use the BI CodeProject AI and not the camera AI?

If it is CodeProject, you need to load the CUDA on the GPU and download CodeProject and install modules, etc.

You have set up motion detection within BI? When you enable substreams, you need to reconfigure your motion settings for the substreams.
I am using CodeProject, it automatically installed YOLOv5 6.2 with CUDA. It shows 0 detections though.
I'm also getting mobile notifications but nothing is detected, i've enabled rectangles.

I've got my motion detection set to the whole screen now (no zones). I've changed my min. size and contrast. I've also deselected object detection - a tutorial I saw said that would make codeproject figure it out instead of BI?

Also, my timeline bar at the bottom is no longer showing triggers like it used to.

I'm a mess lol. Scale of 1-10, 1 being newb and 10 being the developer, I'm a solid 2.3

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
turned object detection back on for 2 cameras just to test.

swyman18

n3wb
Reaction score
When you enable substreams, you need to reconfigure your motion settings for the substreams.
Sorry, dumb question, were exactly in the settings do I ensure that the motion settings are using the substreams? I assumed that as long as I have a substream active, BI will use it for motion detection. Is there an option somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

swyman18

n3wb
Reaction score
Disregard the above, I realize now that as long as my motion settings were configured after the substream being setup, then should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Personally I'd forget motion. I couldn't get it to work in camera. Could get BI motion to work fine but trip wires appears to be more accurate as they're less affected by wind / shadows.

Set up trip wire rules in your cameras and turn motion detection off in both cameras and BI - it's more accurate than motion. In BI in each camera window setting under triggers, untick motion and tick ONIV / Camera events. That should hopefully get your cameras triggering for events.

I had some difficulty setting BI up as I'd never set up a security system before, only been an end user. The options can be confusing. My advice is keep it simple. Get the basic recording working then start to introduce more complex elements such as notifications. The more you use BI, the more apparent everything becomes.