Keep the coax or replace it?

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Customer has a lake house with about 9 cameras. They are 1080/2mp on a 16 port pentabrid xvr (dahua). I didn't run the coax and it may be easy to replace. He has money but doesn't like to spend it, so my cost to him will be a bit more if i replace all the hardware, including the cameras. He want's to keep the same phone app (DMSS) as his buisness and another home he has also use that app.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there a particular reason the customers want to change the system?
He just wants to upgrade. I'm not really sure why. If i had to guess it would be he and another business owner is trying to convience me to go out on my own, rather than working for a company neither one of them likes. That is my geuss.

And I would probably replace the coax because I think it is not attached (stapled, tied) anywhere and could easily be replaced. The pintabrid he has now was programed by me and set up the phone app at his office near me. He only had verizon hot spot so i gave him one of these ( https://www.amazon.com/Vonets-VAP11G-300-Wireless-Multi-Functional-Amplifier/dp/B014SK2H6W/ ) Recomended by OldTimer He took it to his lake house, replaced his old dvr and everything came up roses. Worked good. Can remote into it anytime. That was not too long ago.

I currently work exclusivly for 1 company, I used to do a lot of work as a sole proprietor, but thats more than i should say abot all that. I like to work when i want to, and this co. kinda lets me. I will put another system in Tommy's lake house if he really wants me to. I tyed to sell him an auto tracking PTZ for his boat dock using ptp radios but he didn't like the price.

OK - that got way off track. I will ask specifically why he wants to change things. - oh, the coax is rg59 siamese so it's not the cheap crap that comes from a box store cam sys.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
You have a lot more tunability with the IP camera settings menus.
That would be my case for dialing in each camera for best overall captures.
But if he wants to keep DMSS The Dahua nvr's can use that....in analog or IP