Keep the Pico or try something else

propman07

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello-

Here is a setup that I had working for quite some time....that is until the wifi router I had decided to give up the ghost. Here's my setup:

Main house running 9 Hikvision POE bullet cams
Ubiquiti Networks PICOM2-HP PicoStation M2-HP Router (also provides wifi coverage to the other parts of the house)

Detached garage running 3 Hikvision POE bullet cams (hoping to add a 4th to the inside of the garage)
Asus RT-N12D1 flashed with Tomato firmware to connect to Pico (wireless bridge)

As I mentioned, this setup was working fine for several years. The three cams on the detached garage (approximately 20 feet away from main house) were running 15fps with no issues.

I have a replacement Asus router, but can't seem to get the firmware to flash correctly in order to get it configured to act as a wireless bridge.

At this point, I'm having trouble finding a replacement router to configure as a wireless bridge. The security options on the Pico are limited, so I'm trying to decide if I should get rid of it, and go after a new setup. I know that running a CAT cable to the detached garage would be the best option, but that would involve trenching through the walkway in between the two structures to bury the conduit/cable.

Any advice would be appreciated....thanks for reading.