Keeping IP Cameras off the Internet

swather450

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two Reolink cameras connected to my POE, which is in turn connected to my switch. That switch then goes into my Asus RT-AC68P router. I have Blue Iris configured and working and I have OpenVPN working to remotely view my cameras. I put the cameras on a static IP address and now want to block them from access the internet.

In my Asus router, I went into the wireless setup menu and did a MAC filter to block them, but this blocks them from the wireless side of things and my cameras aren't wireless. I am now trying to block them via the network service filter, but I just don't know if I did it correctly. Here is how I have blocked the two cameras. Where Souce IP is the static IP address of my two cameras and Destination IP is the IP address of my router. Did I set this up correctly? If not, what do I need to do?

1574220652311.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Go to Network Map on your router's main screen.

Click on the circle/button that says clients.

That will bring up a list of clients on the right hand side of the screen under "Client status."

Click on the desired client.

That will bring up a box for that client.

Click on the toggle for "Block Internet Access."

Note that this will block remote access directly to the cams over the VPN. They will be viewable via BI. If you need remote access for some reason, then you can access the router via VPN first and toggle it off temporarily.

swather450

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks so much. I tried finding this option last night, but kept hitting the view list button and didn't see a block access from that list. You have to click the button above the view list, this is what I was missing.