Keyboard Shortcuts Problem

AP1

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed Blue Iris about 4 days ago and I can't add additional keyboard shortcuts. When I click on add, I can choose an item from the drop-down list but I cannot type anything at all on the Keyboard Shortcut box. All I can do is delete an existing one. Can anyone help? Thanks.

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you then click on "Set to next command typed"?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
have you tried restarting blue iris. What shortcut are you trying to select and what keystroke are you trying to enter?

AP1

n3wb
Reaction score
have you tried restarting blue iris. What shortcut are you trying to select and what keystroke are you trying to enter?
I have restarted Blue Iris, the camera, and my computer. I tried to enter a keyboard shortcut for PTZ1 and I was not able to type anything in the box. So I tried others, same thing happened. I can delete a current one, that's it. The keyboard goes dead when the cursor is positioned on the Keyboard Shortcut box.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have restarted Blue Iris, the camera, and my computer. I tried to enter a keyboard shortcut for PTZ1 and I was not able to type anything in the box. So I tried others, same thing happened. I can delete a current one, that's it. The keyboard goes dead when the cursor is positioned on the Keyboard Shortcut box.
You are doing in incorrectly...click add, select from the dropdown, then hit set to next command typed, type the command/letter. You will then see the command in the box.

AP1

n3wb
Reaction score
You are doing in incorrectly...click add, select from the dropdown, then hit set to next command typed, type the command/letter. You will then see the command in the box.
Got it! Thank you for staying with me!