Kid Messes With Papa

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
One of our license plate cameras happened to record this closeup. I'm pretty sure the rear doors on that car have child safety locks, maybe papa forgot about them.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had a rental car once that had electronic control of the rear child safety locks. Had to bust out the manual to find it.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's some brilliant engineering there.
Not quite, it was buried in several layers of infotainment menus, a pain to find, and only accessible when parked. Brilliant would be the option to automatically turn it on when the car isn't in park and off when it is parked or the car is off. But then they would have had to design the latch with a higher mtbf.

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My 13 year old A6 has digital buttons for the child locks on the left arm rest with the rest of the window switches, very convenient and easy to use.

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not quite, it was buried in several layers of infotainment menus, a pain to find, and only accessible when parked. Brilliant would be the option to automatically turn it on when the car isn't in park and off when it is parked or the car is off. But then they would have had to design the latch with a higher mtbf.
Yes, I was being sarcastic. My cars have a simple slider on the door to enable/disable it. It's simple, obvious, and reliable.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, I was being sarcastic. My cars have a simple slider on the door to enable/disable it. It's simple, obvious, and reliable.
Yeah, had a '80 Datsun B210 with a slider in the rear door jamb that rendered the inside door handle inoperative.
I suspect you'd be amazed at how many have no idea that feature exits on their car.
True! Being that we don't routinely have anyone in our backseat, I found out when the couple we were going out to dinner with couldn't get out!

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
One of our license plate cameras happened to record this closeup. I'm pretty sure the rear doors on that car have child safety locks, maybe papa forgot about them.

it also recorded closeup of someone's crack lol :)