Kids throwing eggs at cars from the back of a pickup

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is like the 3rd year in a row high school kids have thrown eggs at cars in my neighborhood during spring break. Thanks to my Mini PTZ I also captured their plate. Notice the 3rd truck on left windshield when they drive by. At least the driver used his blinker.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well maybe after a few hours of community service, the kid whose parents own the truck will think twice. Of course, being a kid, he is likely to "roll" on his friends and they will all get in trouble.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
What camera and settings did you use to capture the tag? Was it from the camera used in the video above? The only way I can get tags at night is to crank the shutter speed to 500ths or higher - which makes everything else pitch black. I would almost have to have a dedicated tag reader camera.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe he has it setup as a dedicated plate reader..

good work getting those kids busted, cant wait to get some shit like this with my LPR camera..

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I believe he has it setup as a dedicated plate reader..

good work getting those kids busted, cant wait to get some shit like this with my LPR camera..
The video posted is from my Hik 2032 12mm. I'm using my Huisun Mini PTZ as a dedicated plate reader. Also using openalpr to database plates.

License PlateZoom_CGF_3464 - Copy.JPG

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you report them or let it go?
I was out of town when it happened. My neighbor who's car was egged and knows about my system talked to the cop and he left his card at my door asking for the video. Picked it up 2 days later. I heard the cops tracked them down but that is all I know.

chalk4

n3wb
Reaction score
The video posted is from my Hik 2032 12mm. I'm using my Huisun Mini PTZ as a dedicated plate reader. Also using openalpr to database plates.

View attachment 9361

Is it possible to use OpenALPR with the Huisun Mini PTZ? I thought I read a post from nayr that it was not possible, hopefully I am wrong.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The only thing that Huisun sucks at is as LPR, I couldn't get it work reliably in day and night. I will be looking soon at getting more reliable system sometime in the future.

chalk4

n3wb
Reaction score
Well crap... i just purchased one from China after reading a few posts with people setting them up as a dedicated LPR. What would your suggested hardware be for a dedicated LPR camera that could use openalpr?

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a Huisun Mini PTZ V1 dedicated for LPR and it works great day and night. Even with OpenALPR. Maybe your setting are off.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
You can refer to Huisun LPR thread. Semi focus is unreliable as it can get out focus occasionally and manual focus doesn't work with IR on/off as it has different focus points. So it works but not great.

chalk4

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Huisun Mini PTZ V1 dedicated for LPR and it works great day and night. Even with OpenALPR. Maybe your setting are off.

How do you have this camera setup in openalpr? Just with the generic URL? Can you post the camera settings you are using to have success with openalpr?

Thanks!

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How do you have this camera setup in openalpr? Just with the generic URL? Can you post the camera settings you are using to have success with openalpr?

Thanks!
I use the following to access my PTZ through the NVR's virtual host. 501 is channel 5 main stream.

rtsp://admin: password@IP_Address:10554/Streaming/Channels/501

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was under the impression that OpenALPR did not work with h264 cameras unless you pay for a commercial license.. are you running a demo of the commercial OpenALPR or the GPL version off Github?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
perhaps his NVR is re-encoding that stream to mjpeg for input to alprd?...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
probably.. but that should be disclosed so others know of the requirement.. thats a NVR URL, not the Camera's.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
agreed. hopefully @hook3m will clarify which version of alpr he's running and if his DVR is re-encoding (as BI does for me)...

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was under the impression that OpenALPR did not work with h264 cameras unless you pay for a commercial license.. are you running a demo of the commercial OpenALPR or the GPL version off Github?
I'm running the Cloud $50 per month version. It's free for 30 days. Works great with the mini PTZ. Confidence rate is about 88-94%