KONX/GALO/ETC Doorbell and camera combo question

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was looking at doorbells and I saw this on ebay:

Wifi Door Camera

and was wondering if anyone had experience with it. I've had some issues with my hik connect and was considering replacing it. Does anyone have any information on these? It looks like it handles normal door bells but it's kind of hard to tell.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Seems to be P2P only, so I'd avoid it like the plague. There's no mention of ONVIF or RTSP streams being available in that listing which ain't good. Given the price, all I can say is you get what you pay for.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's what I was concerned about. Is there an alternative to the HikConnect DS-KB6403? I am not too happy with the unit, it seems to either work with my DVR or it works through the app. Does the later DS-HD1 work better?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
My opinion of doorbell cameras is that there isn't one out there that actually works well, is reliable, doesn't need the "cloud" or remote servers, and is reasonably priced...as in under two hundred bucks. There are numerous threads here talking about doorbell cameras and all of them seem to need various tweaks and external equipment, from additional access points to Raspberry Pi devices, and dubious firmware upgrades/changes. Check the "Forums", "Hardware", "Doorbell" area.