Koontech IP Video door phone connection issue

cAPSLOCK

n3wb
Reaction score
I've recently set up a new ip system successfully (thanks to a load of help from people here). We've purchased and are trying to install an intercom system. Only starting with the basics at the moment rather than looking for advice on all the VoIP stuff.

We have a Koontech KNZD-42VR IP Video Door Phone intercom.

We did have access to the web GUI for the unit however this is no longer the case (I've tried using chrome, safari and firefox). We have given the unit a static IP to fit with our system and now we are unable to access it via the web GUI with the new static IP (or any other of the original IP's indicated in the manual for that matter). However (and this is where it gets odd), I have been able to successfully add the camera feed from the unit via our Hikvision DS-7832N-E2 NVR using the new static IP we assigned.

So I have a unit where I can see the camera feed via the NVR but have no access to the settings of the unit which i obviously need to be able to configure it for everything else. Any ideas? Has anyone used one of these units before?

Thanks guys

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been able to successfully add the camera feed from the unit via our Hikvision DS-7832N-E2 NVR using the new static IP we assigned.
What method did you use to add the unit to the Hikvision NVR? The product info shows it to be a SIP-based unit.
By any chance when you configured the static IP via the web GUI did you change any network ports?
Did the unit come with any IMS management software?

cAPSLOCK

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera was added via the NVR web GUI by going into the 'channel management' and adding a device then manually adding the ip, changing protocol to ONVIF and putting in admin password for the device.

I don't recall changing any network ports for the device.

There was no IMS management software with the device, just the web gui to manage everything.

We're looking into a factory reset to see if we can restore the default ip and get back into the config. If you have any ideas in the mean time I'd happily take them.

Cheers

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I had a look at the product specs and data sheet but saw no mention of ONVIF compliance, so didn't suggest this:

But if it is ONVIF, then you should be able to get some useful info with the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
The 'network' page will show the assigned address, and HTTP port. In theory, this should give you what you need for the web GUI.
You should also get some indication of the web GUI if it's accessible under the 'Web page' page.

cAPSLOCK

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for this. I dug out an old windows pc and ran through this. Looks like there was a typo in the subnet mask but despite changing it and applying the change it didn't seem to actually action any change. I was able to undergo a factory reset so I'll start from scratch and see how I get on. Will surely be back posting when I come across issues again.