KV8113 and KH6350

nirmnet

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a new intercom system for my house. It needs to look nice, have a good picture quality, an indoor unit and support POE and onvif.

I thought about the reolink doorbell but there is no dedicated indoor unit for it.

From what I could see, the lock relays are on the outdoor unit, which seems rather unsafe to me. I found online there is a secure control module you can use to have the lock relays in another location.

Here is what I couldn't find answers about:

- The indoor unit KH6350 seems to have lock relays from what the data sheet says (DS-KH6350-WTE1)
Has anyone had any luck using those to trigger the relay of a lock instead of those on the outdoor unit?

- In case the above is not possible, I will need to use the secure control module connected via RS485. I read online it needs to be connected to the outdoor unit, which is a pain as I would have to run another cable... Can't I just connect it to the indoor unit, which also has RS485 connections?

- Does it matter if I buy this equipment on AliExpress or in Europe? The price difference can be significant...

- It seems a lot of people are against reolink cams on this forum. So what would you recommend instead?
I was planning on installing a couple of RLC-811A and CX410 outside.

Thank you all for your help.
Still learning every day...

Alex

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
- The indoor unit KH6350 seems to have lock relays from what the data sheet says (DS-KH6350-WTE1)
Has anyone had any luck using those to trigger the relay of a lock instead of those on the outdoor unit?
That doesnt work. You can only use the relay from outdoor station for unlock or connect the security module to it to have a second lock relay.

- In case the above is not possible, I will need to use the secure control module connected via RS485. I read online it needs to be connected to the outdoor unit, which is a pain as I would have to run another cable... Can't I just connect it to the indoor unit, which also has RS485 connections?
need to be connected to outdoor station. you can use a single cat5e or higher cable.

you need 2pairs for poe/network and 2pairs for rs485

dont use wifi!

- Does it matter if I buy this equipment on AliExpress or in Europe? The price difference can be significant...
The devices are the same but you wont receive any support from hikvision and cannot claim any warranty from europe.

They know where these devices are distributed from the serial number.

It seems a lot of people are against reolink cams on this forum. So what would you recommend instead?
I was planning on installing a couple of RLC-811A and CX410 outside.
dont buy any reolink camera. its the worst decision you can made.

nirmnet

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for you thorough answer.
Do you know what the RS485 connection on the indoor station is for?
Also, any good value outdoor cameras recommendations if I don't go for reolink?
Thanks,
Alex

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
if you want cheap, you can buy dahua lite series like 2241 series for lowlight or 2441 for more light scenes

nirmnet

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation.
I wish I could add the Dahua camera to be displayed on the indoor station... I guess not though.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No, dahua cameras and hikvision indoor stations are not compatible. they are unable to show the sub stream and only can do 720p.

you can buy dahua intercom system. it also has much better picture quality.

but showing camera feed on these indoor stations more toy. you will always be better off with a smartphone.

nirmnet

n3wb
Reaction score
I was hoping to have a camera at the front door of the house too.
That way, I can see the person at the intercom, open the gate and then when there is someone ringing the bell at the door, I can also see them on the same screen.

nirmnet

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you know one Dahua system that's decently priced and also has RFID? I only saw proper stainless steel ones that only have a camera and no RFID.

nirmnet

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks! I just had a look and found some pretty cool kits: VTO3221E-P and VTO3311Q-WP; though the 3221 looks more professional, it's probably an older tech as it does not support H265.
Do you know if any of them have relays on the indoor station or if their control module can be wired to the indoor station or if they have an IP based secure module? Something that would work without me pulling an extra cable from the door station?

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I recommend you looking into Akuvox devices. They also have some good looking devices.

All of these Dahua VTO devices are mostly the same from hardware perspective.

The new 3-series devices like VTO3311Q-WP has a microsd card slot. They are now able to record directly if someone presses the button. You can also watch these recordings via DMSS.

All of these devices are unable to do motion detection. In theory they can, in reality they cant.

If you want to record on NVR you need an nvr which is able to do motion detection itself.

The VTO3311Q-WP has a design fault. It cannot be mounted flat on a surface. There is a gap. But you can just use silicone

nirmnet

n3wb
Reaction score
That sucks. I will look at Akuvox then.
Thanks for the tip.
Cheers!
Alex

nirmnet

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @duplo , just to tell you I went with Akuvox in the end.
It does exactly what I need. Thank you very much for the recommendation.
For the door unit: R20A, flush mount, no rain cover (I hope it won't be an issue) and for the indoor unit: IT88S, lovely looking piece of kit.
Cheers!
Alex

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi @duplo , just to tell you I went with Akuvox in the end.
It does exactly what I need. Thank you very much for the recommendation.
For the door unit: R20A, flush mount, no rain cover (I hope it won't be an issue) and for the indoor unit: IT88S, lovely looking piece of kit.
Cheers!
Alex
i would recommend s567, can be bought for around 320€ , runs android 12, can run playstore and apps.

it88s is old.

if you want to use their app, you have to contact your seller or akuvox support via ticket system. they need to create you an account.

nirmnet

n3wb
Reaction score
Only 1 relay out unfortunately on the S567...
The IT88S is older, runs on Android 9 but has 2 relays, so works better for me.
Also, I got it for 290 euros... Where did you find the S567 for 320 euros? All I could see is around 400 euros.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For what u need a relay ?

On Akuvox its a bit easier with relays, because they can use webrelays via http trigger etc.

webrelays you dont need a security module. if installed correct, its like a security module

not sure about VAT/shipping to france

nirmnet

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the link I'll check it out.
I want to connect my locks to the relays, indoor, not outdoor, too unsafe for my taste.