Lady needing help with Hik vision doorbell

Ann Nobes

n3wb
Reaction score
We have a new Hik vision doorbell which I can see live view on my android phone and get message alert if someone comes to the door. On husbands phone he gets the same as me but can speak to whoever is at door and I can't. Guessing it must be something in my settings but can't find out what needs changing as settings look the same on both phones

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We have a new Hik vision doorbell which I can see live view on my android phone and get message alert if someone comes to the door. On husbands phone he gets the same as me but can speak to whoever is at door and I can't. Guessing it must be something in my settings but can't find out what needs changing as settings look the same on both phones
probably when the app popped up asking for permission to use your microphone you said no. go into settings, touch apps, find the app, touch it, then touch permissions and turn on the mic.

Ann Nobes

n3wb
Reaction score
Microphone permissions are already on for this app but thank you for detailed instructions to check this. It has got to be something in my settings on my phone as just tried on my android tablet and that works fine too. So frustrating

Ann Nobes

n3wb
Reaction score
what models of phone?
Hubby's is Samsung S5 which it works on and mine is OnePlus 3. It worked on both phones initially but we had a faulty bell so had it replaced and the new one doesn't work on my phone to be able to speak to someone at the door. I am getting the notifications though