Lagging... What Am I Doing Wrong?

foxtrot55

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a blueiris system that I built with 42 camera total. All the cameras are lorex from the previous systems removed and replaced with Ubiquiti POE Switches. The system was been running great until now.. For some reason the streaming video on the blueiris system is lagging. It was fine last week and we can't figure out why. I have searched every forum possible that I could find and tried all kinds of options such as reducing all cameras FPS to 15, limiting and increasing the FPS on the webcast, changing the decoding from Intel +VPP to Nvidia VVDEC to No to default... Nothing is working. I have wiped all video of the drives and the video on the blueiris systems and is still lagging. What I mean by lagging for example, the cars on the street on 1 camera go by for a few sec then freeze for about 2 seconds and jump, then the video is really slow and jumping. It used to never do this until now. I have arranging my storage folders from Store to New... What could I possible have going on with my blueiris system??

System specs:

Cpu 12th Gen Intel Core 19-12900K Watercooled
Gigabyte Z690 UD ATX Motherboard
32GB DDR5 Ram 6000 Mhz
1TB Samsung 970 Evo NVME SSD
(6) 10TB WD CCTV Purple Drives in a RAID 0
1 Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti
Ethernet is 1Gb/s to ubiquiti switch

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What BI version are you on? Did it update recently like auto updates?

What is the CPU%

Are you using substreams?

Is Limiting decoding box checked or unchecked?

1676685610274.png

Post a screenshot of camera status tab. It will look something like this example taken somewhere here:

1676685524242.png

foxtrot55

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a blueiris system that I built with 42 camera total. All the cameras are lorex from the previous systems removed and replaced with Ubiquiti POE Switches. The system was been running great until now.. For some reason the streaming video on the blueiris system is lagging. It was fine last week and we can't figure out why. I have searched every forum possible that I could find and tried all kinds of options such as reducing all cameras FPS to 15, limiting and increasing the FPS on the webcast, changing the decoding from Intel +VPP to Nvidia VVDEC to No to default... Nothing is working. I have wiped all video of the drives and the video on the blueiris systems and is still lagging. What I mean by lagging for example, the cars on the street on 1 camera go by for a few sec then freeze for about 2 seconds and jump, then the video is really slow and jumping. It used to never do this until now. I have arranging my storage folders from Store to New... What could I possible have going on with my blueiris system??

System specs:

Cpu 12th Gen Intel Core 19-12900K Watercooled
Gigabyte Z690 UD ATX Motherboard
32GB DDR5 Ram 6000 Mhz
1TB Samsung 970 Evo NVME SSD
(6) 10TB WD CCTV Purple Drives in a RAID 0
1 Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti
Ethernet is 1Gb/s to ubiquiti switch
I am using sub streams and not recording them to save on CPU load
BI version is 5.6.3.7 x64

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are the switches VLAN or are you dual NIC the cameras into the BI machine?

Is the lagging from UI3 or the app or remoting in or from the actual BI console hooked to a monitor?

Did you try the good ole reboot of everything - switches and computer?

foxtrot55

n3wb
Reaction score
Are the switches VLAN or are you dual NIC the cameras into the BI machine?

Is the lagging from UI3 or the app or remoting in or from the actual BI console hooked to a monitor?

Did you try the good ole reboot of everything - switches and computer?
The lag is on the actual blueiris machine, I have disconnected all viewers, phones, apps, etc.
Also tried reboot of machine and switches.
Yes the cameras are on a VLAN and all connected to the machine through the onboard LAN which is 1Gbps
The load on and Ethernet connection is only 97Mbps...
This machine has ran fine since last year, I have changed nothing except for updates. I have tried reverting to older updates from last year and same issue...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Head scratcher!

Confirm that the onboard LAN hasn't accidentally downgraded to 100Mbps (we have seen that happen here).

For 42 cameras 97Mbps seems low unless you have lower resolutions cameras or running VBR or low bitrates.

I am at 350Mbps for my cameras and I do not have as many cameras as you.

foxtrot55

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to change all cameras FPS back to like 30FPS like I had before? clicking 42 cameras is sooo time consuming lol..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That was an easy fix LOL

Folks have seen that happen with a Windows update, And sometimes the autonegotiate messes up. Go into the setting and force it to 1Gbps.

Nope, no easy way to change FPS except going into each camera....but 15 is more than adequate LOL. We aren't making Hollywood movies and those are only shot at 24FPS....

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Could be a potential cable issue? A blip on the cable will make it auto-negotiate and drop down the speed and as you’ve found it will stay at that lower speed.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
now that you've got that fixed, Have you tried something other than raid _0?
Like writing several cams to one drive, and several cams to another drive, so that if 1 of those 6 fail you'd still have data on 5?
If you select an Aux Folder then point it to 1 drive, say you have drives U V W X Y Z .
create a folder named Aux1 on drive U:\
Create a folder named Aux 2 on drive V:\ etc etc etc
Then you can go to each cameras record tab and select which drive you want to save it to.
It might have less overhead than raid0 no?
1676714393219.png

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
The one thing you can do for the ethernet port is to setup to 1000Mbps/Full and not leave set to auto on the switch. You would need to do the same for the ethernet adapter in Windows as well. This helps to alleviate the sudden switch over to 100Mbps.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
The one thing you can do for the ethernet port is to setup to 1000Mbps/Full and not leave set to auto on the switch. You would need to do the same for the ethernet adapter in Windows as well. This helps to alleviate the sudden switch over to 100Mbps.
Wouldn’t it be better to identify and fix the actual issue that’s causing the drop?

Unless the switch is dodgy then there could be some sort of cabling issue?