Lamp post in middle of frame

reflection

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After some experimentation, I found that an opaque material wasn't as nice. Turns out two sheets of regular copy paper provides a nice translucent material that eliminated the glare. This is the image after, with landscape lights turned off. IR kicks in.

The first image was a lot brighter because there were landscape lights, a clear sky and almost full moon. However, this image is clearer and you can see more detail. And no more glare.

Mailbox 2020-06-05 10.03.50.489 PM.jpg

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
If your using something flammable, just make sure you're using a cold bulb such as an LED (although note some of the brighter leds these days get hot). Last thing you want is a flamming torch 1/2 way down your garden. They may look great at the Olympics but.......

Another possibility, could be a tinted window film such as that applied to car windows. You can get various colours and levels of tint. You could try a 1 way window film with the film placed so the one way is facing into the lamp. Again beware heat as by implication anything metallic will reflect heat back into the lamp. A third possibility is it's possible to get window obscuring films for to apply to windows such as bathrooms. These are usually opaque quite like paper. Although I'm not an expert on window films, windows and car windows especially do get quite hot so I would have thought these were probably more sutiable than paper. Obviously, do your own safety research. But just some thoughts.

reflection

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you looked at the image with the mode in color? The absence of glare might just be due to it being on IR.
Oh, you are right. With color there is a glare. Not as pronounced as before, but still there. Let me try some more testing tonight.

reflection

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If your using something flammable, just make sure you're using a cold bulb such as an LED (although note some of the brighter leds these days get hot). Last thing you want is a flamming torch 1/2 way down your garden. They may look great at the Olympics but.......

Another possibility, could be a tinted window film such as that applied to car windows. You can get various colours and levels of tint. You could try a 1 way window film with the film placed so the one way is facing into the lamp. Again beware heat as by implication anything metallic will reflect heat back into the lamp. A third possibility is it's possible to get window obscuring films for to apply to windows such as bathrooms. These are usually opaque quite like paper. Although I'm not an expert on window films, windows and car windows especially do get quite hot so I would have thought these were probably more sutiable than paper. Obviously, do your own safety research. But just some thoughts.
Thanks for the suggestions. The paper was on the outside and temporary for testing. I do have LED bulbs. I do like the film idea.