LAN IP address question

ereddish

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Image attached. I'm trying to change up my network here at home and when I change things I lose the webserver functionality. Where does the "Local, internal (LAN) access" address come from? I can't change it to anything that makes sense to me.

Thanks for any help.
Ernie

Attachments

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Image attached. I'm trying to change up my network here at home and when I change things I lose the webserver functionality. Where does the "Local, internal (LAN) access" address come from? I can't change it to anything that makes sense to me.

Thanks for any help.
Ernie
It's the address of the blue iris computer, it has to match.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
it is the ip address assigned to your BI machine by your router.

ereddish

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the VERY fast replies! I'm thinking it's an issue in port forwarding at this point. Thanks again.

ereddish

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still working on my issue, another image attached. My new question is, is the "Virtual Host-Only network" part of Blue Iris, or is it something I've installed from Oracle or elsewhere. I've narrowed it down to this issue. The virtual host network is active with an IP address on BI web server (not aligned with myrouter) the pc running BI does line up with my router via dhcp. If I don't need the virtual host network, I can blow that away. Thanks again.

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep that would be from oracle virtualbox. It shouldn't be a problem unless it somehow has a duplicate ip or something like that.