LAN only indoor IP camera

SkazzY

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have been looking for an indoor IP camera that meets a couple of requirements and is available in Serbia.
The main and must have requirement is LAN only. I need the camera to be (preferably) WiFi or Ethernet that is connected to a router that has internet but I want it to be LAN only. I do not want to block it out using the router, I want the camera itself to just not talk to any online service whatsoever.
The budget is, as usual, a semi-problem. I am looking for anything up to let's say $70-80.
Having night vision would be very appreciated, but it is not necessarily a must have.
Saving video to a SD card would be nice, but it is totally fine if it's not present.
I do not need high resolution, any HD would work really, potentially even lower. I also do not need any motion detection or anything similar.
Any and all suggestions/comments are welcome.
Note: The main problem why I didn't find one yet is that amazon and similar sellers are not available in Serbia (They are, but the import cost is just insane), so I am just looking for a bunch of options/recommendations with hope that at least one will be available for me.

Last edited:

SkazzY

n3wb
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that detail, sorry.
Indoor, mounting is also completely irrelevant, I can make a mount for it if needed.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I have been looking for an indoor IP camera that meets a couple of requirements and is available in Serbia.
The main and must have requirement is LAN only. I need the camera to be (preferably) WiFi or Ethernet that is connected to a router that has internet but I want it to be LAN only. I do not want to block it out using the router, I want the camera itself to just not talk to any online service whatsoever.
The budget is, as usual, a semi-problem. I am looking for anything up to let's say $70-80.
Having night vision would be very appreciated, but it is not necessarily a must have.
Saving video to a SD card would be nice, but it is totally fine if it's not present.
I do not need high resolution, any HD would work really, potentially even lower. I also do not need any motion detection or anything similar.
Any and all suggestions/comments are welcome.
Note: The main problem why I didn't find one yet is that amazon and similar sellers are not available in Serbia (They are, but the import cost is just insane), so I am just looking for a bunch of options/recommendations with hope that at least one will be available for me.
Hi @SkazzY

Perhaps a Pi based Camera?

( seems to be the only way to really control the software better .. )

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust ANY camera not to try to connect to the internet if allowed to. The good news is that you can partially block the camera from accessing the internet by simply entering in bogus DNS server addresses in the camera's network settings. That's not fool proof because if the firmware has hardcoded server addresses that don't need DNS to translate a domain name to an address, this tactic won't prevent that from going through. Therefore it's always best to block camera access at the firewall/router. I realize there may be situations when you don't have the ability/credentials to make these changes however.

I know Amcrest has an indoor 4mp PTZ wifi/ethernet camera that seems to be pretty popular. In the USA it retails for $59.99. Dahua has a couple of indoor only 4mp "cube" cameras. I bought one from Andy for about the price of the Amcrest model recently and it works well. I have no doubt that both of those cameras will attempt to connect to the internet however.

SkazzY

n3wb
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust ANY camera not to try to connect to the internet if allowed to.
Yea, honestly the same. I will need to check the router in question and if it offers the option to block certain device from internet access. Amcrest is unfortunately not available in Serbia. I couldn't manage to find any of those. Dahua seems to be available.

Perhaps a Pi based Camera?
Hmm, I could possibly do that as well. It should in theory be simple enough to setup. I would just need to find a decent enough camera module.

Also additional question :
Is there something I should keep an eye out when it comes to specs. The only thing I know about is resolution really.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a link to a review thread on the Dahua 4mp cube camera on this site. There are at least two versions of this model. The original and a newer version. I think the linked thread is on the newer version. I bought the older version on "clearance" from Andy and it works great for my use.

EDIT - the thread is on the K42A model which does not have wifi. They make a K42 model that does have wifi.

I have the older K35A model which is a 3mp camera