Late Night Jump

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
A vehicle was parked on the corner for about an hour with 2 males inside. I was wondering what they were doing until a friend showed up wearing a poncho. It turned out their car had a dead battery. The guy in the poncho gave them a jump to start their car. He also gave them a free gift. Did you notice what the free gift was?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Remind me to never consider them for my pit crew at Daytona.....I think I could have jumped 4 or 5 cars in that time.
And what's with "Poncho" 's drive up, back up, turn around, pull up and so on? Did he not stop to think about what he was going to do BEFORE he arrived and where the dead car's battery was? Is there more than 1 car on that stretch with its flashers on? Jeezus....

Lastly, I take it that none of the new cars, especially auto trans, can be started if you get to 25 MPH rolling downhill. I started many manual trans rolling downhill or being pushed at a meager 3 or 4 MPH but never since '64 tried it with an auto trans. I don't think you could get fast enough even on that hill any way.

Ah, the good ole days.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
They could all use a little coaching on how to dress as well. The guy that showed up with the jumpers looked like he was wearing a dress and could use a serious diet and exercise regimen.

None of them knew what they were doing with the jumpers or how to jump a car, safely. Total idiots.

Last edited: