LaView 2MP LV-PB912F4C day bad quality.

sw07tc

n3wb
Reaction score
This is part of the LV-KNT982A42W4 kit new NewEgg flash deal.

It seems to be kind flickering on both camera, the quality isn't that great. The camera is mounted 8' high, I can't see the grass texture or my gravel cement texture, kinda grainy. Side by side with my 720p it looks more in multi cameras view mode. At night it looks better, no flickering. I was thinking wiring interfere with the power line in the attic. I might swap them out with the other camera that doesn't have an issue.

Here's a shot of total darkness no light at all. This shot I can clearly see my gravel cement, but during the daytime, it looks horrible barely see the gravel in my cement.
upload_2018-5-17_23-16-3.png
upload_2018-5-17_23-22-10.png

The other one no flickering at night but I see the grass and the small tree barely tell its details.
upload_2018-5-17_23-18-52.png
Also, I remember seeing some member state of the text seems big issue but can't find that thread.
upload_2018-5-17_23-22-35.png

4MP one
upload_2018-5-17_23-21-0.png

sw07tc

n3wb
Reaction score
So far the motion sensor on this at 20% is still so sensitive to catch any bugs flying around the camera or a quick 1s bird fly through. This kinda sucks, is there a way around to drop these quick motions?
upload_2018-5-19_13-47-9.png
upload_2018-5-19_13-47-24.png

Last edited:

KarlW

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you still have that flickering problem? I purchased a LV-KNT982A42W4 for my brother and I am currently using the
LV-KNT984A42W4 which is a slightly different NVR than the one that came with the LV-KNT982A42W4. Mine can hold 2 HD's only supports X.264. I'm about ready to play around with my brothers setup which I think supports X.265. I noticed your camera settings were set at X.264, have you tried the X.265 I know X.265 compression is like 3x smaller file size. I checked out your video clips, have you resolved the flicker? Mine for sure do not flicker. I also have a support ticket open because their video files are not good. They have something wrong with them, I tried opening yours and same problem. Try opening your video files with handbrake you will get an error No Valid Source or titles found. I have checked my video files with some video analyzer software and it finds errors. They have yet to resolved this. Just sad that your box has the SAME PROBLEM!!! I have even had some clips that you can't view at all with VLC Player, but I was actually able to load them in Handbrake and export to a valid video file that was viewable.
Just not good it will be the one clip you really need to view and it will be messed up! The support does not seem like they want to fix the issue. They keep wanting me to call them, but for what? How is talking to you going to get you to fix the problem, I sent all the evidence and samples of the issue. it's like have your software people fix the issue.

sw07tc

n3wb
Reaction score
I still have the issue, the video quality is bad on sunny daylight. On the day that's extremely cloudy, I have no issue with flickering. For the most part night, vision is the best vs daylight. My NVR only have 264+ mode not sure much different than x264.

I see this from Dahua but not sure if it's the same improvement from HikVision technology.

H.264 Plus: H.264: Saved Storage:
Still Scene: 16158 Kbps 40822 Kbps 60.42%
Moving Scene: 37351 Kbps 47338 Kbps 21.10%

Network Traffic
H.264 Plus:
H.264: Saved Bandwidth:
Still Scene: 180 Kbps 300 Kbps 40.00%
Moving Scene: 790 Kbps 950 Kbps 16.84%

https://www.securitymagazine.com/ext/resources/whitepapers/Hikvision-H264-Encoding-Technology.pdf

KarlW

n3wb
Reaction score
What model box came with your system? The setup I got with 6 cameras came with LV-N9808C8E. My brothers which is the same model your got from Newegg came with LV-N9508Q8E which supports X.265.

The only cameras that support the X264+ on my box are the 4MP cameras. I do not see that option on the 2MP cameras.

I recently was trying out the X264+ but today just discovered that it locks the max bitrate at 3072 for both Stream and Stream Event. I want a higher bitrate for recording.

The software is a bit buggy, I have been switching between the Web interface / Guarding Expert, and LaView NET client. They all have mix results of what you can edit and not edit, and sometimes you think you can make a change but it doesn't take affect. Today I figured out how to connect directly to the cameras, and that's when I saw that the Bitrate was LOCKED at 3072 and cannot change to any other bitrate when in X.264+.

It's interesting with the two models I have. My brothers having lower model # has X.265 support but mine doesn't. I do I know X.265 compression is extremely good having same quality image as X.264. So soon I will start messing with my brothers and see if the X.265 box is worth getting, his only supports 1 HD, my supports up to 2 HD's.

Which model box came with your setup, kind of sounds like you go the box I have since no X.265 support. If that is the case, wonder why my brothers came with different model. I'm not sure which box is newer model..... You would thing the one that supports the X.265 would have been the newer one, and since it supports that compression of video maybe that's why only support for 1 Hard Drive.

It is very sunny here and I do not see any flickering on any of my cameras. Do all of your cameras do this?