LaView Camera on EZVIZ NVR

Reaction score
I have an 8 channel EZVIZ NVR system (UN-1884A2) with four Poe 4K cameras. I have a LaView dome camera (LV-pd514028C) that I would like to add but have no idea how or if it’s even possible. Connecting it via cat-5 cable doesn’t automatically work.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Couple things to start with:
1. can you power it separately from the NVR and access it? eg. plug it into a poe switch/injector and access the camera directly
2. If you can do 1, are both devices ONVIF compliant?

First see if the camera is even working, then go on from there.

vietsb

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an 8 channel EZVIZ NVR system (UN-1884A2) with four Poe 4K cameras. I have a LaView dome camera (LV-pd514028C) that I would like to add but have no idea how or if it’s even possible. Connecting it via cat-5 cable doesn’t automatically work.

Any recommendations? Thanks!
Hi @Leviathan125 - Post back or DM me if you are still trying to figure this out. It took some time, but I got both LaView LV-PD514028C dome & LV-PB3040WC bullet cameras connected to the EZVIZ NVR but it wasn't easy. I was going to post a step-by-step with pics if I'm allowed to post pics, but don't have time now but will try to post sooner if you are still needing the help. Read below on one thing though that may be a temp blocker.

=====
One problem is hooking it up from scratch to the NVR will cause the NVR to try to plug-n-play config the camera including setting some unknown admin password, but ultimately it won't work and will show an error in the NVR settings. I had to factory reset both cameras and luckily if you disassemble your dome camera, there is a physical reset button that needs to be held down for ~10sec during boot-up after power cycle/reboot to clear the config and start from scratch. For those with the LV-PB3040WC bullet camera there is no reset switch (I checked thoroughly) so you need to do the reset dance by using the SADP tool to export a password reset XML request file from the camera, e-mail to LaView Support, and they then e-mail you a link to download a corresponding reset XML file. You then proceed to use the SADP tool to import that file which will reset the camera password. Just ensure you don't power down the camera or in my case, even close the SADP Forgot Password window I had up to export the initial XML file before you receive and apply the reset XML file since changing the state of the camera or making unnecessary state changes to the SADP tool may invalidate the reset XML file they created for you. I struggled with this quite a bit until I found that tidbit about not touching a thing between exporting and importing the XML files, then LaView Support verified it as well.

Once I got the camera reset, I had to find a way to get power to it without the EZVIZ NVR trying to plug-n-play it again. I used a 12V DC adapter and plugged into the power pigtail those cameras come with to do the on-camera setup including setting a memorable password and hard-coding an IP address since it seems most all types of plug-n-play from the EZVIZ NVR won't work (well) so better to do manual config.

I got some great advice on how to setup the NVR for non-EZVIZ ONVIF cameras from some posters on SlickDeals, so you may want to read up a bit there as well about these cheap but decent systems.

If you need quick point advice before I get to documenting the step-by-step, again just DM me and hopefully I'll see it soon.