Laview cameras on Blue Iris

63Flane

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 8 LV-PZ804N4 4MP cameras connected to a LV-N5216D6E 16 channel NVR. I also have 3 Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-1 4MP cameras. I've had alot of problems with this setup which I mostly attributed to my lack of knowledge in networking, but I've also had problems with the NVR and ATT U-verse residential gateway. I'm a senior citizen and learning as much and as fast has I can. So I'm sure this will only be the 1st of many questions I'll have. So please be b3ear with me and forgive my ignorance. Now on to my question. I think I want to dump the NVR in favor of the Blue Iris software. The Hikvision cameras are listed as supported by Blue Iris. But the Laview cameras are not listed. I may be mistaken but I believe most if not all Laview products are rebranded Hikvision. So would anyone know if Laview cameras will work with Blue Iris?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 8 LV-PZ804N4 4MP cameras connected to a LV-N5216D6E 16 channel NVR. I also have 3 Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-1 4MP cameras. I've had alot of problems with this setup which I mostly attributed to my lack of knowledge in networking, but I've also had problems with the NVR and ATT U-verse residential gateway. I'm a senior citizen and learning as much and as fast has I can. So I'm sure this will only be the 1st of many questions I'll have. So please be b3ear with me and forgive my ignorance. Now on to my question. I think I want to dump the NVR in favor of the Blue Iris software. The Hikvision cameras are listed as supported by Blue Iris. But the Laview cameras are not listed. I may be mistaken but I believe most if not all Laview products are rebranded Hikvision. So would anyone know if Laview cameras will work with Blue Iris?
will work no problem

63Flane

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. Now I just need to get a computer to dedicate to the Blue Iris Software. I understand I'll need a 6th Gen I7 or later machine. Should I look for Win10 Pro or is the home edition satisfactory? Also I saw the recommendation for an SSD and a HDD. I'm assuming the HDD should be as big as I can afford but what about the SSD. What all is going to be on it? I'm assume the OS and BI. Is the SSD used for anything else? If so, would 500GB be overkill, is 128GB to small? Did I mention I have alot of question? Lol.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. Now I just need to get a computer to dedicate to the Blue Iris Software. I understand I'll need a 6th Gen I7 or later machine. Should I look for Win10 Pro or is the home edition satisfactory? Also I saw the recommendation for an SSD and a HDD. I'm assuming the HDD should be as big as I can afford but what about the SSD. What all is going to be on it? I'm assume the OS and BI. Is the SSD used for anything else? If so, would 500GB be overkill, is 128GB to small? Did I mention I have alot of question? Lol.
look for an hp prodesk or elitedesk business machine or similar.comes with pro..buy a 250 ssd( name brand, crucial, samsung, intel).they are 65bux...for storage wd purple

63Flane

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks again. Just a couple questions on the SSD to clear things in my mind. Am I correct in that I want to clone the computer OS to the SSD and install BI on it? Then format the HDD and use it exclusively for video recordings? In other words no video clips on the SSD? Would archiving a few clips on the SSD, space permitting, affect the performance of the BI software? Lastly would a PCIe M.2 SSD be better than the 2.5" SATA drives? They are closer in price now. I just don't know if the increase in performance of the PCIe M.2 over the 2.5" SATA SSD is of value in this application.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks again. Just a couple questions on the SSD to clear things in my mind. Am I correct in that I want to clone the computer OS to the SSD and install BI on it? Then format the HDD and use it exclusively for video recordings? In other words no video clips on the SSD? Would archiving a few clips on the SSD, space permitting, affect the performance of the BI software? Lastly would a PCIe M.2 SSD be better than the 2.5" SATA drives? They are closer in price now. I just don't know if the increase in performance of the PCIe M.2 over the 2.5" SATA SSD is of value in this application.
You only want the operating system, Bi and the BI database on the SSD. No video.
Using the Microsoft Media Creator tool, install Windows cleanly on the SSD.
An SSD is fine.
All video recordings go to the Purple Hard Drive.
See this:Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage | IP Cam Talk

63Flane

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I think I can proceed from here for awhile. But I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future. Hopefully these questions and answers will be helpful to someone else just starting out with Blue Iris.

Reaction score
I have many of the same cameras and Laview LV-N5216D6E NVR system. Did you get them working well on Blue Iris? I am not happy with the LaView software and lack of upgrade support. This particular unit, Laview LV-N5216D6E, I don't think is HikVision??? It shows up as "HANGZHOU ZENOINTEL TECHNOLOGY" based on mac address. I have never used the Hikvision windows apps for anything else but tried direct downloading them to see if they'd recognize my NVR. I couldn't get them to do so but maybe I don't know what I'm doing. Also, LaView has multiple apps for download and it's the "LaView Client for Windows" that appears to work with this unit (Download - LaView). The "LaView Net Client for Windows 7/8/8.1/10" appears to be rebranded HikVision software and that doesn't connect to this NVR/cameras or at least I couldn't get it to do so. So that is what leads me to believe perhaps this particular LaView product is not HikVision. It would be nice if someone else more knowledgeable could verify.