LaView cannot add more IP cameras

tung256

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
my LaView has 8 ports. only 1 IP cam is directly connected to port 3 and that works fine.
the NVR can see 3 other cams on same network, but i cannot add them in.
here's the video i made of the situation:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That looks like a Hikvision re-brand NVR with 8 PoE ports and presumably 8 channels, maybe something based on the 7608.

With 8 channels and 8 PoE ports, as you have discovered if you want to use LAN-connected cameras, you can neither add or delete the pre-defined PoE channels.
To use one or more of the pre-defined PoE channels for LAN-connected cameras, you need to select an unused channel and use 'Modify', and change the IP address that is currently in the range 192.168.254.x to be the IP address of the camera that is connected on the LAN.
This is usually best done via the NVR web interface, though should also be possible via the VGA/HDMI interface in your video.
It is very convenient to set the IP address of the LAN-connected cameras to a fixed IP address that matches your LAN addressing using the Hikvision SADP tool. Then you will know what to configure in the NVR.
Download SADP from here if you don't alread have it - it's a very useful tool. : Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

Reaction score
I can confirm this is the way to do it as I have the same Laview NVR and I finally figured out you have to change it from plug and play to manual and change the IP from the subnet of the nvr switch to the IP of your local LAN.

I would also recommend upgrading the NVR to the newest firmware. You no longer need to use the mouse to "type" your password. You can now draw a pattern to unlock it.