LaView - HikVision NVR problem.

Reaction score
So I got a LaView system off newegg with an 8ch IP dvr with 4 cameras. I had a bunch of HikVision and LT Security (rebranded HikVision) cameras so I did a flash and it seemed to work fine on first boot. So after I went through wizard (connected manually via HDMI and mouse) it asked me to set a new password, which I did. Then there was a network screen where it basically gave me a blank checkbox and empty login name, and then asked for a password. Upon reboot now I see the same thing and can't really navigate anywhere. My password nor the default worked. I don't see it on my network now either.

Any ideas?

mdomaille

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Manav, I work for LaView and saw your question.

It seems like you used another type of firmware on the LaView system. Not all firmware will function the same and it may cause issues if it is not meant for our system. In this case it seems like the password and network card are not working correctly. You can try to use our firmware again. Go to http://www.laviewusa.com/contact and fill out a support ticket online and we can send you the correct firmware to try. Or send an email to info@laviewusa.com with the issue and we can reply with the firmware info or if all else fails you can send the system in and we can put the firmware in here as you have lifetime support for the system. Thank you, Mark

Reaction score
Hi Manav, I work for LaView and saw your question.

It seems like you used another type of firmware on the LaView system. Not all firmware will function the same and it may cause issues if it is not meant for our system. In this case it seems like the password and network card are not working correctly. You can try to use our firmware again. Go to http://www.laviewusa.com/contact and fill out a support ticket online and we can send you the correct firmware to try. Or send an email to info@laviewusa.com with the issue and we can reply with the firmware info or if all else fails you can send the system in and we can put the firmware in here as you have lifetime support for the system. Thank you, Mark

Hi Mark, wow thank you for the customer support. I can definitely recommend you guys. I ended up flashing with the correct HikVision firmware and everything works like a charm. The default firmware did not recognize my 4mp HikVision cameras even with manual or OnVif setup. Feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions or want details on the setup.

Once again I thank you and recommend LaView for your support.

waluso

n3wb
Reaction score
Which was the correct firmware for those wanting something more up to date than what LaView currently has available? I would like to try h.264+ which does not seem available on 3.3.1.

gbjk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Mark, wow thank you for the customer support. I can definitely recommend you guys. I ended up flashing with the correct HikVision firmware and everything works like a charm. The default firmware did not recognize my 4mp HikVision cameras even with manual or OnVif setup. Feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions or want details on the setup.

Once again I thank you and recommend LaView for your support.
Hi,

I would also like to use Hikvision IP cameras on my Laview nvr. But I want to use 6 Laview cameras and 2 Hikvision cameras on it. Is that what you did, using two different company brand. Please let me know if this can be done, thanks.