LaView no longer accept new orders

JJStats

n3wb
Reaction score
Just checked the disposable credit card's transaction history. They are still charging that card. I guess they have to keep trying in hopes of it going through. I'll post some of the charges once I get a chance.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any update on LaView? Is it back?
Found this thread in the search and was wondering if anyone knows where to find firmware. I have two (older) LV-PB3140WC bullet (wired) cams and they have different firmwares on them. I'd like to roll the one with the newer firmware (V5.5.0 build 171106) back to the older firmware (V5.4.4 build 170419). That's the only way I can seem to modify the OSD (on screen display) settings. Even on both versions, I cannot seem to uncheck the fields to show text or not. I get a"parameter error"

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Even on both versions, I cannot seem to uncheck the fields to show text or not. I get a"parameter error"
Blast from the past.
I get the exact same error on 2 of my cams. They are of course the same cameras that you have. My first foray into security camera setups was an LaView NVR and 8 of their cameras.
I ran that setup for about 4 years. About 2 years ago I moved over to BI. Most of my cameras I replaced, but I have 2 LaView cameras still in service and they behave exactly as you describe.
Although LaView helped me to cut my teeth in this field of interest, that NVR stuff is just so limiting when it comes to actionable video. As my needs went from “I have security cameras!” to “I can identify that perp!” I have never looked back to those days.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Blast from the past.
I get the exact same error on 2 of my cams. They are of course the same cameras that you have. My first foray into security camera setups was an LaView NVR and 8 of their cameras.
I ran that setup for about 4 years. About 2 years ago I moved over to BI. Most of my cameras I replaced, but I have 2 LaView cameras still in service and they behave exactly as you describe.
Although LaView helped me to cut my teeth in this field of interest, that NVR stuff is just so limiting when it comes to actionable video. As my needs went from “I have security cameras!” to “I can identify that perp!” I have never looked back to those days.
Definitely. I have 4 of those cameras, and I have invested about $10 each in them. They work great inside with room lighting and I really just use them in the garage/shop with my BI setup.

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have 4 and 8 MP bullets from LaView. The 8MP do well in the sun or cloudy days. At night they are vety poor performers.

In your situation with controlled lighting (always on and bright), I would think they would be fine.