LaView/Not Push Notifications

jopinoff

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm using the LaView NVR LV-N9808C8E with my system and I'm having trouble setting up push notifications on my Android phone.

I've set the NVR up with DDNS and I'm able to log in and view the cameras. I can bring it up from either the LaView-Net app or the iVMS-4500 app (since this is just a rebranded Hikvision system).

Additionally I've setup line crossing detection on the NVR, this works and if I do a "VCA Search", I can see specific events where the line crossing was triggered. I've set the line crossing rule up to "Notify Surveillance Centre" but that doesn't seem to do anything. Additionally if I do a log search there are no line crossing events in the log (even though they appear in VCA search). I have continuous recording active.

I would like push notifications through the app when an event occurs oroat the very least events listed on the payback timeline in the app (currently it's just all blue from the continue recording).

I've tried to follow this tutorial: Set up Alarm Push Notifications for your Hikvision IP Camera or NVR - VueVille But my app doesn't have the "Alarm Push Notifications" field and I'm also not using the alarm inputs.

Edit: Can't seem to edit the title but it should be "LaView/Hikvision Push Notifications"

Thanks

Reaction score
I have the same DVR and the same issue with VCA notifications. I know it is not something to do with my network setup, because I can receive push notifications to my Android phone if I use the grid-based "Motion" sensing. I can get VCA to trigger audible alarms with both line-crossing and intrusion detection, but it simply will not send pushes. In addition the DVR won't send any email notifications at all -- I suspect this is because pretty much all mail servers disallow SSL version 3 connections now and the firmware doesn't support anything else.

As it stands, I can get VCA detection to make an audible alarm, but that's it. The grid-based motion sensing is utterly useless as it triggers anytime a bug flies in front of the camera, or not at (even for a human-sized object) all if the sensitivity is reduced one level.

I also don't seem to get any events in the log even when my VCA is sending audible alarms. VCA Search just turns up nothing.

This system has mostly worked beautifully, but because the VCA alerts are broken and LaView hasn't updated the firmware in almost two years, its utility is reduced to simply recording all of the time.

jopinoff

n3wb
Reaction score
I was actually able to get them working, the issue I was having is that motion alerts need to be enabled for VCA alerts to work (just unselect all of the motion area). Once I got that to work the event started to show in the log, I can also do a VCA search. Unfortunately the push notifications are still crap because the app continuously logs me out and I don't get the notifications.

I just wish the events showed in the playback timeline, that would be sufficient for me. Also wish I could have a lower resolution stream to my phone while still recording high resolution, playback is painfully slow, even on WiFi.