LaView NVR to Hikvision Firmware? Is it worth the Trouble?

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought LV-N9808C8E and four LV-PB932F4 cameras. After reading some threads on this forum, I was planning to flash the NVR to hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P 3.3.6 firmware and the camera to Hikvision DS-2CD2x10,2x20,2x 5.3.0. firmware.

I already completed flashing the laview cameras to hikvision firmware. I was about to get ready to flash the NVR firmware but out of curiosity I checked LaView's website.

New Firmware Released for 8-Channel NVRs
Aug 2, 2016

New firmware has been released for 8-channel NVRs (LV-N9808C8E) and can be downloaded here. This firmware has been designed for and tested with the new version of Gmail.

They just released a new firmware for the NVR yesterday. What caught my attention is their new firmware will work with gmail. As far as I know, hikvision hasn't released a new firmware which will work with gmail yet, am I correct? My next question is do I really get more features and functionalities by flashing the NVR firmware to hikvision?

Thanks.

okhipfan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought LV-N9808C8E and four LV-PB932F4 cameras. After reading some threads on this forum, I was planning to flash the NVR to hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P 3.3.6 firmware and the camera to Hikvision DS-2CD2x10,2x20,2x 5.3.0. firmware.

I already completed flashing the laview cameras to hikvision firmware. I was about to get ready to flash the NVR firmware but out of curiosity I checked LaView's website.

New Firmware Released for 8-Channel NVRs
Aug 2, 2016

New firmware has been released for 8-channel NVRs (LV-N9808C8E) and can be downloaded here. This firmware has been designed for and tested with the new version of Gmail.

They just released a new firmware for the NVR yesterday. What caught my attention is their new firmware will work with gmail. As far as I know, hikvision hasn't released a new firmware which will work with gmail yet, am I correct? My next question is do I really get more features and functionalities by flashing the NVR firmware to hikvision?

Thanks.
We also have this setup. Everything was working fine and I received that email and, coincidentally or not, I can no longer view my cameras from iphone app or laptop LaView NET software. I can still view on TV that is connected to the NVR. How do you go about updating the firmware? I've reached the end of my technical expertise and have been unable to open a ticket on their website.

techip

n3wb
Reaction score
Flashing to NVR LV-N9808C8E v3.4.62 20160802 firmware adds H.265 encoding as an option in drop down box if the IP camera supports H.265

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Flashing to NVR LV-N9808C8E v3.4.62 20160802 firmware adds H.265 encoding as an option in drop down box if the IP camera supports H.265
Any newer firmware available?

techip

n3wb
Reaction score
Laview has newer firmware for NVR LV-N9808C8E. However is was never official released. The firmware version is V3.4.93 Build 170816. Email Laview support for download url.

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Laview has newer firmware for NVR LV-N9808C8E. However is was never official released. The firmware version is V3.4.93 Build 170816. Email Laview support for download url.
Thank you.

m_r_nadh

n3wb
Reaction score
How is the new firmware? Any improvements that you noticed? I have V3.4.82 build 170301 (came as default) version which doesnt support any chromium based browsers for live view or playback! Their recommended plugin also doesnt work (I think it is mainly for IE).

I have one more question. Does this one support hikvision NVR firmware which seems to be latest? If so which one do you guys prefer?
hikvision LATEST FIRMWARE DS-7608NI-Q2/8P
Firmware: DZ_K74_ML_STD_V3.4.108_191220

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Couldn't find it.

How is the new firmware? Any improvements that you noticed? I have V3.4.82 build 170301 (came as default) version which doesnt support any chromium based browsers for live view or playback! Their recommended plugin also doesnt work (I think it is mainly for IE).

I have one more question. Does this one support hikvision NVR firmware which seems to be latest? If so which one do you guys prefer?
hikvision LATEST FIRMWARE DS-7608NI-Q2/8P
Firmware: DZ_K74_ML_STD_V3.4.108_191220

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why do you think that Hikvision doesn’t work with Gmail? I’ve been using Gmail on Hikvision NVR’s for years.

Reaction score
Sorry for threadjacking but just following up on the most recent posts... I just tried contacting LaView support and they told me

"I'm so sorry that there are no firmware update for your LV-N9808C8E NVR and LV-PB932F4 camera.

We have switched our business focus from traditional security systems to WiFi Security Cameras as they offer more perks to our customers, so I'm afraid that we have no further plan of traditional security products."

So I guess us NVR owners are now SOL? I might try contacting them again in hopes that maybe one of the CS agents may provide us their latest firmware but that response does not bode well for us...
If anyone out there has the newer firmware, would greatly appreciate if I could get a copy. Thanks in advance.

Anyway, back on topic... seeing that LaView has abandoned their NVRs unfortunately, maybe it does make more sense to flash Hikvision firmware on the LaView NVR if Hikvision still release updates from time to time?
I may consider doing that if it is not too difficult and not too risky (i.e. low chance of bricking the NVR).

JonDC

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you share it? They won't

sixsevenco

n3wb
Reaction score
Here you go. LaView sent me this link in an email in 2019. Not a very official way to distribute a firmware... This should be V3.4.93 build 170821.

digicap.dav (dropbox.com)

IMPORTANT EDIT: I was contacted by another forum user via PM, and he told me that this firmware messed up his NVR. It worked for me, so use at your own risk.

LAVIEW.png

Last edited: