LaView NVR w/ Reolink camera

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks guys, I am now in the web gui, and i see that ONVIF is enabled
So far I will have:
1. the IP (once I plug into NVR, the LaView NVR sets static IP)
2.the port (443 see screenshot)
Pasted_Image_1_21_22__5_15_PM.png

3. the protocol (ONVIF)
4. login and password (i set that up with the mobile app)
5. channel (???)
All I know now is the channel, but can't find it anywhere.

Here's the settings from the LaView NVR side... (see pic)
IMG_2713.jpg

Reaction score
Based on this post i found on google, here's how the RTSP settings should be set: rtsp:/admin:password@IPAddress:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&authbasic=64

I tried configuring a new protocol for amcrest through LaView (see screenshot)
laview_protocol.jpg

It still doesn't seem to connect from LaView's side.. Do those settings look OK to you guys?
I'll try adding in the subtype=0 and &authbasic=64 part later to see if it works. Tried with channel=1 and it doesn't work, so the screenshot shows 3 (it's on the 3rd port of the NVR)... also doesnt work

Looks like LaView is trying to statically set the IP CAM's IP (192.168.254.3, see screenshot) depending on the port I plug it into (which is always 3rd port), and I'm not sure if thats working if I leave the Amcrest side to auto DHCP. I dont want to set the Amcrest's IP side to a static IP because i will probably brick the cam.
laview_add_camera.jpg

Any ideas?

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
I am going to bed now and will continue reading tomorrow.

maybe someone figures out how a camera can have internet access("see picture on app") if connected to a poe nvr without dhcp

IMG_20220120_173833.jpg

Reaction score
Have you read page 31 and 32 of the LA View User manual on configuring 3rd party Cameras?
Yeah those the exact screens i'm showing, but it looks slightly different probably because my firmware is a lot older than the one in your link. But yeah, those are the dialog boxes im going through for adding the camera. I'm thinking it's mostly a matter of having the right settings now, unless there's something glaring you see that i'm not doing...

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
it appears as though, Power can be toggled on or off to a Port. So you'll want to make sure you have port 3 showing that it has Power over ethernet enabled

Reaction score
probably gonna have to read thru some of these pages. not sure about RSTP streaming it.
I tried configuring RSTP because ONVIF didn't work for me, but i'm happy to go back to ONVIF ... there's not much to configure for ONVIF. I haven't gotten it to work.

Thanks everyone for getting me this far, still doesn't work yet, but I think it's just a matter of having the right settings. Gotta spend some time with the kids now. I'll come back on later to tinker with it a little more.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, it is why most of go the Blue Iris route LOL - works with a lot more cameras and us using it feel it is better than an NVR. YMMV

But you will get it - just let it sit there and maybe after a few minutes it will magically appear!

JohnPeter

n3wb
Reaction score
In March, I bought a 5MP Amcrest and returned it for reason of buggy firmware. E-mail out of camera didn't work right... time stamp problems.
Amcrest UltraHD 5MP Outdoor POE Camera 2592 x 1944p Bullet IP Security Camera, Outdoor IP67 Waterproof, 103° Viewing Angle, 2.8mm Lens, 98.4ft Night Vision, 5-Megapixel, IP5M-B1186EW-28MM (White)

I've had better luck with Anpviz 5MP and 8MP bullet-style cameras, PoE. I'll answer with more details, upon request.