LaView ONE Halo -- Installation Failure

Craig Conrad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I received my new LaView ONE Halo doorbell and have installed it to new 16V transformer (this is NOT replacing an existing doorbell), and installed the resister/fuse because I do not have any chime/bell installed.

The doorbell comes up flashing blue and telling us (audibly) to setup using the app. However, I have tried everything I can think of to connect to the doorbell. The app wouldn't do it automatically, so I went to manual mode (where I have to connect directly to the doorbell), and no password is accepted. I tried using the "paste" of the password that the app put in the clipboard -- fails to connect. I tried typing in the password EZVIZ_xxxxxx (where "xxxxxx" is the verification code listed on the back of the camera) -- fails again.

I'm at a loss, other than to return it. Ideas?

Craig Conrad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. There is indeed a screen in which it is asking for my wifi password, and I put that in properly.

First, I reset the doorbell.

In the phone app, I:

1. click "Add Device"
2. It asks to scan the QR code on the device "on on the document envelop". I've tried pointing it at the Product Warranty Card's code, and it doesn't take it. Nor anything on the package box. So, I go to manual device setup.
3. It asks for my device's 9-digit serial number. Of course, the serial number (on the back of the camera) is much longer:
IEA1809473X00903
So, which 9 digits do I use? I've been using the final 9 digits/characters: 473X00903
4. I tell it the device is powered-on
5. I click "The device is up and running for the first time"
6. I click "Flashes blue"
7. I get my phone within 5 feet of the router and the camera
8. It has a panel with one of my network SSIDs shown. This is a 2.4G radio. I add the password for that radio & click "Next". It says "Setting up" for about 20 seconds, then reports "Sorry, no device wifi available" I've also tried selecting the camera's own SSID and password (EZVIZ_xxxxx) and that says "Incorrect password"

I'm lost :(

MayorGeo

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried scanning the QR code (square image) on the back of the camera in step 2?

Modify the SSID and password of the WiFi network (router), remove special characters like ‘_’, ‘@’ and space. Turn off mac address filtering in your router until you find out what the camera's mac address is and then you can use it in the filtering.

Give the support number a call. Sorry I'm not more help.

Craig Conrad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for help! I couldn't find a QR code on the *back* of the camera, though there was a sticker with a bar code there. I just looked again and there IS a QR code on the FRONT of the camera! So, I re-tried everything and found that it uses "Laview_" (or "LaView_") as a prefix to the verification code when composing a password to the camera. So, I guess the use of the QR code told the software something different for password than it did without it. I am now connected and happy!

I appreciate your assistance!