Laview Pandas for $80 shipped Newegg

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great price for a nice 2MP camera. Best part about this camera is the PIR on it.

Emmwveei

n3wb
Reaction score
I got these yesterday and using tinycam app but it is pixelated. I have foscam c1 which work great with tinycam and they are perfect. Am I doing something wrong ? On a computer the view is fantastic but the tiny cam app it is grainy looking

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Emmwveei If you are using low profile/subsream you need to increase the subsream bitrate and resolution

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
@Emmwveei when you swipe right in tinycam to get the sidebar with Manage Cameras and App settings, you'll notice a switch above it that says "low-bandwidth profile". Turn that switch off to activate the main 2mp stream. Either that or modify your substream settings a bit. My substreams are set to VGA or a bit better and look pretty good on my phone but there's a BIG difference between main and sub streams if I try to pinchzoom in. Framerates are MUCH higher using substream though. I get single digit framerates on my phone with the mainstream turned on. Check in the camera to see if your substream is set to CIF or 320x240 or something ridiculous like that. 704x480 or 640x480 is probably the ballpark you want, and if that doesn't fix the problem then also bump up the substream bitrate like fenderman said. 1024bps should be lots.

Last edited by a moderator: